Charging Ni-MH batteries

Hi, all

Friend has a particular device that uses 3 Ni-MH AAA batteries. The problem
is that all chargers we saw charge 2 or 4 batteries. None will take 3.

What would be the easiest way to trickle charge 3 batteries at a time?

So far we have few ideas:
1. Build our own charger (not the easiest way out)
2. Have few sets of batteries so that even number of batteries can be
charged (messy)
3. Have some sort of a "battery emulator" that wll sit in a charger as a
fourth battery (just a wild idea at this time, did not really investigate
it).

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Rudolf

Re: Charging Ni-MH batteries

Hi Rudolph.

If you need to charge 3 Ni-Mh batteries external to the device then
you can get them. Jaycar sell at least one that does this and is run
from the supplied 12V SMPS or a cigarette lighter plug. It has a
separate LED for each cell, and fast charges. AA or AAA batteries.

Trickle charge? Do you need to trickle charge, or is this just an
alternative?

Option 4. buy one from Jaycar :)

Dale.

Re: Charging Ni-MH batteries

DSE have a charger that will take from 1 to 4 cells - I use mine lots

David

Re: Charging Ni-MH batteries

Thanks,

Will check out Jaycar and DSE.

For some reason, all teh charges I saw were only taking even number of
batteries.

Rudolf

message

Re: Charging Ni-MH batteries

DSE  M9561

geoff

Re: Charging Ni-MH batteries

My DSE Universal charger has space for 4 batteries, but I can just pop 1,2,3,or
4 in and it works fine - it also has a switch to choose NiCads or NiMH.  I
bought it about 2 years ago and use it for my Digital camera batteries
regularly

David

Re: Charging Ni-MH batteries

Hi Rudolf,

Considered buying 3 extra batteries and charging 2 or 4 at a time when all 6
are flat?

Regards,
Murray R. Van Luyn.
--
3202'14.23"S 11553'21.30"E
http://www.review-a-gadget.com /

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:40:19 +1000, "Rudolf"

Build an adapter to charge them as a 3.6V pack from a cordless phone
base station.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Charging Ni-MH batteries

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 09:12:24 +1000, Franc Zabkar

... or adapt an old mobile phone (eg Ericsson A2618S) that uses a pack
of 3xAAA NiMH cells. Then you'd have an AC adapter, a cigarette
lighter adapter, and an intelligent charger with a state-of-charge
display.

- Franc Zabkar