Charge life of "standard" alkalines after recharge

When standard alkalines are recharged with a suitable charger, if you let them sit doing nothing will they hold their charge in a similar way to when they were new? NiCd and NiMh batteries are fairly useless for small average discharge applications like remote controls; just wondering whether recharged alkalines would fare any better here.

Is the shelf life the amount of time that the battery is likely to hold a (re)charge each time or more the absolute life of the chemicals?

Reply to
rowan194

Answering my own question... direct quote from the rezap manual:

"Recharged alkaline cells should be used as soon as possible as they are not suitable for long term storage due to their rapid self discharge."

Not really the answer I wanted. Oh well.

Reply to
rowan194