Character orientation with character LCD displays

I'm applying 2line x n character LCD displays, typical of the Powertip range, but from various sources. None of the datasheets that I've hunted down specify the actual orientation of the displayed characters. The illustrations suggest that when the text is viewed, it's right way up with the connection pins to the left, but it's not explicitly stated anywhere. The couple that I've tested are this way. Am I likely to find that this is the situation with all, or at least most, of the displays that look more or less the same and with the same interface specs. Or would it be advisable to test every make/type?

Reply to
Bruce Varley

You need to refer to the datasheet for each specific unit. I've seen them go any which way, up, down, left, right.

If you have a bunch of otherwise unknown displays, you'll have to test each series. More so, we've seen some that have a couple of pins transposed too. There are conventions and there are standards. It appears at least some of the manufacturers do not adhere to either.

--
Why do they tell us to watch The Today Show tomorrow?
Reply to