change polarity@15 mins on DC transformer - Page 2

Re: change polarity@15 mins on DC transformer

Alf is right. No they absolutely DO NOT. NO transformer 'puts out DC'! Never
has done, never will do. You mean a plug pack power supply, which may
include a transformer and rectification circuitry. A pure transformer can
only ever put out AC.

Yes, right to a point, but they are NOT transformers per se!

Oh, that figures... Knowledge replaced by bad language. Usual replacement
when all fails. Good sign.

Re: change polarity@15 mins on DC transformer

It's for a biomeditating device. Sorry I don't have a knowledge of
electronics. I saw a power supply kit at DSE. If I got 2 of them, set
them to 4.5V, made one positive and one negative, then used a timer kit
and a switch to alternate them, might that work?

power supply kit3D% K3435 Can be used in a variety of ways as either a
single or dual supply
    B7%     Designed so that constructors can obtain many different voltages:
+15V, -15V, +/-15V, +18 to 22V, or less than 15V [I would be setting it
to 4.5V]
thank you.

Re: change polarity@15 mins on DC transformer

Sorry I don't have a knowledge of  biomeditating (hey, who does?), so
I can't comment about whether the DSE power supply would be suitable.
How much current is required, and how close to 4.5V does it have to
be?

You don't need two power supplies to allow the polarity to be
reversed. Dave told you you could reverse the output with a DPDT relay
- perhaps you don't believe that? Look at the section on 'phase or
polarity reversal' here: http://www.1728.com/project2.htm

True, Dave did talk about two power supplies, but that was because you
first mentioned 3V DC and that might be too low for the timer
circuit..

This is starting to sound like a RGH thread.

Andy Wood
snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Re: change polarity@15 mins on DC transformer

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 23:18:27 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au (Andy
Wood) put finger to keyboard and composed:

You're in good company. Google doesn't know much either.

The bloke who started it all?
 http://buryl.com/about.html

[Some of] Dr. Payne’s most important discoveries and writings

1. Discovered that the nearly regular cycles of international battles,
observed by previous researchers, is in phase with solar activity.

3. Conducted a 3 1/2 year experiment, with the assistance of many
participants. It consisted of 18 meditations/prayers for world peace
(or six meditations a year) to demonstrate that a sufficient number of
people meditating (several million) can apparently decrease solar
activity.

4. Rediscovered, by accident, (so often the case in science) a way to
detect and measure a rotational force, named the Biofield, around the
human body and other living things.

5. Validated Dr. Ron Hruby's breakthrough experiment, which
demonstrated that a small group of people, at a distance of ten miles,
could measurably alter the Biofield of a subject who was the object of
their distance healing.

9. Discovered a way to detect emanations from planets, which can alter
the taste of water. When this water is taken internally, it causes
psycho-physiological effects to occur.

12. Designed a simple electronic instrument to help synchronize brain
hemispheres to eliminate jet lag, and enhance telepathy. Made
instruments made for couples and groups to synchronize brain waves.

14. Author of 4 books on magnetism and its effects on living
organisms, BioMeditation: The scientific way to use the energy of your
mind ...

16. Currently writing a book on Fifth Dimensional Consciousness. Buryl
admits he doesn't understand it; that's why he's writing the book!

- Franc Zabkar

Re: change polarity@15 mins on DC transformer

Thanks for this most interesting reply--would like to follow this
amazing stuff up when I get a chance--have bookmarked it.

Re: change polarity@15 mins on DC transformer

There's something odd about this. The application (which he won't explain to
us) is fairly sophisticated yet the basic knowledge is about nil. Sorry
mate, not trying to be unhelpful but what exactly are you trying to do? Why
do you want to 'switch polarity'?

Re: change polarity@15 mins on DC transformer

Maybe the OP is onto something that he chooses not to reveal. Fair
call I say.