cfl's

"F Murtz"

** The sale of GLS lamps has been illegal in most states since November 2009.

NZ opted out of this nonsense long ago.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Corse it is.

Reply to
Rod Speed

NO, *fixing* the problem would mean a redesign so it works properly! You really mean I should use a kludge as a work around for a poorly designed device so the manufacturer can make more money at taxpayer expense.

You'd think it wouldn't be difficult for the manufacturer to design it to work properly in the first place either, but apparently NOT :-(

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor

Yep, they work pretty well for that, not so good if you want light in summer though! :-(

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor

Like I said.. you're more interested in bitching about it than solving

*your* problem. I have no trouble with mine.
--
rgds,

Pete
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
felix_unger

I wouldn't dare to wear sunglasses that doesn't provide UV filtering. Does more damage than any good. What is the purpose of sunglasses, then?

Reply to
Damian

Until polarised and then UV filtering sunglasses were to look cool. My specs have a UV filter film. My sunnies are polarised so I'm covered, literally...

Reply to
SG1

I bet they are still getting through the ports.

Reply to
Damian

Yeah. There should be a special legal exception to ban you from makng home brew. You've been boozing too much and been too rabit lately. ;-))

Reply to
Damian

Lucky you, or you would realise your suggestion is crap! The sensor is supposed to see the remote so it can reset the timer as you use it, AND you have to be able to see it while watching TV, or the first you know it is going to switch the TV off is after it has already done so!

*NOT* a satisfactory "solution" IMO. But hey I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor

They all do, because normal glass filters UV.

Even sillier.

They reduce the intensity of the light getting into the eyes.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Hey, smartarse, the thing flashes for like 10 minutes I think, before it switches the tv off. so all you have to do is position it so you can see it and point the remote at it and press some key when it flashes.

and I wouldn't expect you to be more interested in finding a solution than bitching

--
rgds,

Pete
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
felix_unger

YOU DON'T THINK, because as I said, mine flashes for a few seconds then turns the TV off! Perhaps you are lucky and got one from a good batch, neither of mine are! :-(

Of course you keep right on bitching about me, oh the irony! :-) But I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference between a *suitable* solution, and awkward pandering to badly designed products, and I'd be right because obviously you don't!

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor

That will happen if you turn the tv off! ie onto standby. If you are watching tv, but not using the remote, it will flash for like ten mins as I said to warn you it is going to turn the tv off; that is after the time you set, 1, 2 or 3 hours.

I'm willing to bet there is nothing wrong with the device. What TV is it anyway? Does it change channels very slowly? Could it be that the device is not seeing any current, and so turns the tv off?

yeh, you expect that the product should be perfect in every way, and designed to work with every conceivable item of equipment available.

--
rgds,

Pete
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
felix_unger

And as I said in my case, while I'm still watching it! Are you having trouble reading, understanding english, or just following an argument you seem hell bent on continuing for no apparent reason?

That is what it's SUPPOSED to do, and IF it only did what it's SUPPOSED to do I wouldn't have complained in the first place! You really are having trouble understanding what is written, but of course that will never stop you continuing to argue for the sake of it will it!

Fine, I'll take that bet, how much??

Why would it not see any current if the TV is on (NOT in standby), unless it is faulty of course.

Exactly, it should work as stated by the manufacturer or you get your money back. That's the way it's supposed to work. IF an adjustment is needed for different TV's, one should be provided, simple as that.

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor

You originally said that it "wants to turn the TV off every time you switch channels, after flashing for only a few seconds" . I offered a remedy

that's what you're doing, as well as hurling insults. I offered a remedy, ie. to position the receiver so that it doesn't receive IR when you change channels, and rather than admit that it would solve the problem, you just poo-hoo'd the idea, and continued to bitch about the device

see above comments

$100. but I wouldn't trust you to be honest

you've already swapped it out once, and the other one does the same thing. What are the chances that two devices are faulty? very little. Keep swapping it out then and see if EVERY one you get does the same thing. If you ever get one that doesn't then you've proved that there are faulty devices. Bet you wont tho, you would rather just bitch about the product.

but you never paid for it

--
rgds,

Pete
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
felix_unger

No you didn't, you offered a useless suggestion, a different thing altogether.

If you accepted what I said rather than calling me a liar, there would have been no argument at all.

A useless suggestion which stops the device working as intended.

Because it DOESN'T *SOLVE* the problem, simply introduces a different problem! That YOU fail to see that but still keep arguing is rather pointless.

I'll take your bet, come see for yourself! I bet you won't!

EXACTLY why I said it was a faulty DESIGN in the first place. You are still having trouble keeping up!

You seem to have infinite time to do that perhaps, and to argue as well, but I couldn't be bothered.

MY TAXES DID!

Anyway, I've had enough arguning with idiots, so post as much follow up crap as you like *IF* you don't intend to take up your bet!

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor

It's not useless, it works, stupid

never called you a liar

yes there would, because you didn't want to remedy the situation, just complain about everything, even my suggestion that works

but you're complaining that it already doesn't work as intended

oh yeah, big problem.. you have to point the remote at it and press a button when it flashes. Huge problem, HUGE!

where are you?

well don't post your bitching problems if you don't want ppl to respond with suggestions

Reply to
felix_unger

Reply to
Trevor

last time I'll ever offer you any help with anything

Reply to
felix_unger