cfl's - Page 8

Re: cfl's

I'm glad you brought this up. I got a one for the TV and couple more for PC,
etc. I'm gonna open a new thread for this 'cos I reckon it's tax payer money
pissed against a mud brick wall, meaning the stench lasts longer.

Re: cfl's

Yes, no probs with it. read the leaflet. you probably haven't
initialized / set it properly

rgds,

Pete
Re: cfl's

You are simply falling into the trap obviously the designers fell into, just
because it works for you and your setup, you assume it will work for every
body else. The only set up is the time delay, (1,2 or 3 hours) which works
fine *IF* I never use my remote while watching the TV. How many people do
that I wonder? And operating the remote is supposed to reset the timer
countdown, NOT make it go to sleep!
Of course if you really think there is a setup option to fix it's current
behaviour, why not simply state what it is? That would actually be
appreciated!

Trevor.

Re: cfl's

So ring the manufacturer and see if they can explain it

rgds,

Pete
Re: cfl's

I'm not spending money to find out what their excuse for it not being
designed properly is. As I said if I had bought it I'd simply take it back.
But like other people I have spoken to, since they didn't pay for it
directly, and can't get a refund, they simply don't use it. A really smart
company though, they got to sell FAR more than they otherwise would, and not
have to worry about customers (or the government) demanding their money
back.

Trevor.

Re: cfl's

position the receiver so it doesn't receive the IR from the remote when
you change channels

rgds,

Pete
Re: cfl's

IF it was properly designed it wouldn't be necessary, and you still have to
be able to wake the TV up in the first place, and to stop it switching off
every couple of hours when you are still watching. The other solution is to
do what many people do, and simply unplug it altogether.
Bet they wouldn't sell many (after returns anyway) if people actually had to
pay for them!

Trevor.

Re: cfl's

Seems to me you're more interested in bitching about it than actually
fixing the problem. It shouldn't be difficult to place the receiver
where you can still fire the remote at it, but it doesn't get IR when
you point the remote at the tv.

rgds,

Pete
Re: cfl's

NO, *fixing* the problem would mean a redesign so it works properly! You
really mean I should use a kludge as a work around for a poorly designed
device so the manufacturer can make more money at taxpayer expense.

You'd think it wouldn't be difficult for the manufacturer to design it to
work properly in the first place either, but apparently NOT :-(

Trevor.

Re: cfl's

Like I said.. you're more interested in bitching about it than solving
*your* problem. I have no trouble with mine.

rgds,

Pete
Re: cfl's

Lucky you, or you would realise your suggestion is crap!
The sensor is supposed to see the remote so it can reset the timer as you
use it, AND you have to be able to see it while watching TV, or the first
you know it is going to switch the TV off is after it has already done so!
*NOT* a satisfactory "solution" IMO.
But hey I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Trevor.

Re: cfl's

Hey, smartarse, the thing flashes for like 10 minutes I think, before it
switches the tv off. so all you have to do is position it so you can see
it and point the remote at it and press some key when it flashes.

and I wouldn't expect you to be more interested in finding a solution
than bitching

rgds,

Pete
Re: cfl's

YOU DON'T THINK, because as I said, mine flashes for a few seconds then
turns the TV off!
Perhaps you are lucky and got one from a good batch, neither of mine are!
:-(

Of course you keep right on bitching about me, oh the irony! :-)
But I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference between a *suitable*
solution, and awkward pandering to badly designed products, and I'd be right
because obviously you don't!

Trevor.

Re: cfl's

That will happen if you turn the tv off! ie onto standby. If you are
watching tv, but not using the remote, it will flash for like ten mins
as I said to warn you it is going to turn the tv off; that is after the
time you set, 1, 2 or 3 hours.

I'm willing to bet there is nothing wrong with the device. What TV is it
anyway? Does it change channels very slowly? Could it be that the device
is not seeing any current, and so turns the tv off?

yeh, you expect that the product should be perfect in every way, and
designed to work with every conceivable item of equipment available.

rgds,

Pete
Re: cfl's

And as I said in my case, while I'm still watching it! Are you having
trouble reading, understanding english, or just following an argument you
seem hell bent on continuing for no apparent reason?

That is what it's SUPPOSED to do, and IF it only did what it's SUPPOSED to
do I wouldn't have complained in the first place! You really are having
trouble understanding what is written, but of course that will never stop
you continuing to argue for the sake of it will it!

Fine, I'll take that bet, how much??

Why would it not see any current if the TV is on (NOT in standby), unless it
is faulty of course.

Exactly, it should work as stated by the manufacturer or you get your money
back. That's the way it's supposed to work. IF an adjustment is needed for
different TV's, one should be provided, simple as that.

Trevor.

Re: cfl's

You originally said that it "wants to turn the TV off every time you
switch channels, after flashing for only a few seconds" . I offered a remedy

that's what you're doing, as well as hurling insults. I offered a
remedy, ie. to position the receiver so that it doesn't receive IR when
you change channels, and rather than admit that it would solve the
problem, you just poo-hoo'd the idea, and continued to bitch about the
device

see above comments

$100. but I wouldn't trust you to be honest

you've already swapped it out once, and the other one does the same
thing. What are the chances that two devices are faulty? very little.
Keep swapping it out then and see if EVERY one you get does the same
thing. If you ever get one that doesn't then you've proved that there
are faulty devices. Bet you wont tho, you would rather just bitch about
the product.

but you never paid for it

rgds,

Pete
Re: cfl's

No you didn't, you offered a useless suggestion, a different thing
altogether.

If you accepted what I said rather than calling me a liar, there would have
been no argument at all.

A useless suggestion which stops the device working as intended.

Because it DOESN'T *SOLVE* the problem, simply introduces a different
problem! That YOU fail to see that but still keep arguing is rather
pointless.

I'll take your bet, come see for yourself! I bet you won't!

EXACTLY why I said it was a faulty DESIGN in the first place. You are still
having trouble keeping up!

You seem to have infinite time to do that perhaps, and to argue as well, but
I couldn't be bothered.

MY TAXES DID!

Anyway, I've had enough arguning with idiots, so post as much follow up crap
as you like *IF* you don't intend to take up your bet!

Trevor.

Re: cfl's

It's not useless, it works, stupid

never called you a liar

yes there would, because you didn't want to remedy the situation, just
complain about everything, even my suggestion that works

but you're complaining that it already doesn't work as intended

oh yeah, big problem.. you have to point the remote at it and press a
button when it flashes. Huge problem, HUGE!

where are you?

well don't post your bitching problems if you don't want ppl to respond
with suggestions

Re: cfl's

last time I'll ever offer you any help with anything

Site Timeline