cfl's - Page 7

Re: cfl's

I think it is. but ppl who sell on ebay don't care. if there's any
hassle they just close their account and start a new one.

is laying low until we stop talking about this.. :)

I think it's 260 miles past the black stump, then turn right.. :)

--
rgds,

Pete
Re: cfl's

"Damian"

** Tobacco and alcohol are on restricted sale - but GLS ( non halogen) bulbs
are banned outright.

....   Phil

Re: cfl's
[...]

  Never mind where, better worry about *whether*!

Re: cfl's

Yeah, that makes sense. Roddles gota be around 200 years old according to
history reports. ;-)

Re: cfl's

Home brewing is not illegal and as far as I know selling old filament
lamps is not illegal, the importing of them is.

Re: cfl's

It's not illegal here in Oz. But, I know it's illegal in many countries.
Even in here, with all the federal & state law mess we have here, I dunno
whether it's legal in all the states, for example in NT.

Re: cfl's

Corse it is.

Re: cfl's

Yeah. There should be a special legal exception to ban you from makng home
brew.
You've been boozing too much and been too rabit lately. ;-))

Re: cfl's

"F Murtz"

** The sale of GLS lamps has been illegal in most states since November
2009.

http://ee.ret.gov.au/energy-efficiency/lighting

http://ee.ret.gov.au/sites/default/files/files/energy-efficiency/Regulatory-Ruling-Incandescent-Final-v1.pdf

NZ opted out of this nonsense long ago.

...   Phil

Re: cfl's

I bet they are still getting through the ports.

Re: cfl's

"felix_unger"

** I figured some people would get their GLS lamps on Ebay.

Technically that makes YOU the importer and so breaking the law in each
Australian state.

....   Phil

Re: cfl's

This doesn't sound right to me. I've seen incandescent light globes in
super markets just not that long ago.

Re: cfl's

"Damian"
 "Phil Allison"

** You saw halogen " high efficiency " bulbs for about $3 or 4$ each.

Be nice if you  READ the posts directed to you sometime.

To Damian at 5.00pm on the 29th:

** GLS bulbs ( that do not met MEPS)  were taken off sale several years
ago -  it is now a punishable offence to sell them.

** Only for those with a stash of such bulbs OR are using the still legal
halogen kind.

Which is a hoot since they have little of no efficiency advantage.

Eg like these:

http://cdn.ukofficedirect.co.uk/od/item/180241/0-Huge-0.jpg

....  Phil

Re: cfl's

It is anyway.

Obvious lie. You have clearly wanked yourself completely blind.

Re: cfl's

I checked the other day. They are still around man.
You need to get extra strength lenses on your specs.
You've been rubbing the glasses on something or something. :-)

Re: cfl's

Yep, the supermarkets are full of halogen bulbs now, which are still
inandescent globes, and most people don't notice any difference except for
the minor improvement in efficiency boldly displayed on the packaging. Plus
the extra cost of course!

Trevor.

Re: cfl's

The mandate was on what can be sold.

Bullshit on that last.

No idea. Go there and find out, and hang yourself there on Saturday.

No idea. Go there and find out, and hang yourself there on Saturday.

Re: cfl's

I order you to prepare the doll under the bed by patching up any holes, for
your trip to south pole next week.
No companion cats or dogs for you, as you may end up eating them. :-))

Keep dreamin my man....you may hit with a shocker...just wait.

Re: cfl's

Just replaced another one this morning (sigh)

--
rgds,

Pete
Re: cfl's

I replaced another one last week. Had very little use, still worked, but was
so dim as to be useless :-(  Replacement was lower wattage (15W Vs 20W) but
FAR brighter!

BTW is anybody using the Embertec AV switch the government was conned into
supplying to reduce GHG emmisions? Got one a few weeks ago, and it wants to
turn the TV off every time you switch channels, after flashing for only a
few seconds. Swapped it for another one, and it does exactly the same so
obviously a design fault. Now if I paid for it I could demand my money back,
but since my taxes paid for it the company gets to keep the money for faulty
products.
Designed in Australia, I guess that's what happens now we have almost no
electronics industry, what's left is the dregs. A typical marketing company
with no technical capability :-(

Trevor.

Site Timeline