Not the glass used in cfls it doesn?t.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Wrong, as always.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Your problem.

Nope, just try seeing if you can get anything to fluoresce using one.

You cant.

No its not with the glass used with cfls.

That?s why the black light UV tubes and bug zappers use quartz glass instead.

You're just plain wrong there.

And physical chemistry use spectroscopy and anyone who has done any of that knows that UV doesn?t get thru the glass used with cfls.

It isnt to keep the UV out.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You're wrong, as always.

You're wrong, as always.

Because they all die of flagrant grog abuse and petrol sniffing and hanging themselves and killing each other LONG before they ever get any skin cancers.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Roddles can you cite research on that?? If so please do...

Reply to
SG1

Bullshit. Grog & Petrol were introduced to them by colonials. They never died of skin cancer, simply 'cos they've adapted to it like anybody with darker complexion. UV was never a problem for them until colonials started shaggin them. STDs and the rest is history.

Reply to
Damian

This doesn't sound right to me. I've seen incandescent light globes in super markets just not that long ago.

Reply to
Damian

Good lawyer can do that.

Reply to
Damian

"Damian" "Phil Allison"

** You saw halogen " high efficiency " bulbs for about $3 or 4$ each.

Be nice if you READ the posts directed to you sometime.

To Damian at 5.00pm on the 29th:

** GLS bulbs ( that do not met MEPS) were taken off sale several years ago - it is now a punishable offence to sell them.

** Only for those with a stash of such bulbs OR are using the still legal halogen kind.

Which is a hoot since they have little of no efficiency advantage.

Eg like these:

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

The mandate was on what can be sold.

Bullshit on that last.

No idea. Go there and find out, and hang yourself there on Saturday.

No idea. Go there and find out, and hang yourself there on Saturday.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yep.

Go and get it yourself.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Fact.

Wrong with grog.

Just another pig ignorant lie.

Just another pig ignorant lie.

Just another pig ignorant lie.

Just another pig ignorant lie.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It is anyway.

Obvious lie. You have clearly wanked yourself completely blind.

Reply to
Rod Speed

More drivel. And there is no such animal anyway.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Well, one of my CRT terminals had an 'AIDS' key!

Reply to
Frank Slootweg

Damian wrote: [...]

Never mind where, better worry about *whether*!

Reply to
Frank Slootweg

I will take that as an "I have NO IDEA" as usual...

Reply to
SG1

More fool you. Its such a well known problem that there hasn?t been any research on it for more than a century now. Try any textbook on spectroscopy.

Reply to
Rod Speed

And obviously you haven't died from AIDS yet.

Trevor.

Reply to
Trevor

Rod has AIDS Aquired Itelligence Deficency Syndrome.

Reply to
SG1