cfl's

They still get used, but yeah, a normal wood heater is vastly more efficient than an open fireplace.

Reply to
Jeßus
12 v cfl are a waste of time , YOU WANT something you can get at the corner shop. YOU WONT get 12 v cfls at the corner shop.

Reply to
no one

My corner shop is online these days and these are plentiful there :-) I don't really see how the failing of local suppliers makes a product better or worse. Although you can get them at bunnings so I guess they're not that hard to come by, just a little pricey for bunnings. Personally I think the 12V cfls are an excellent solution, it's very simple to get lighting in a lot more places with them.

Michael

Reply to
Mickel

Every last ounce of power than goes into a cpu gets lost in heat. I had this conversation recently with someone about how much heat from a 60W light bulb ends up heating the room. My answer was all of it assuming no light escapes out the windows.

It will be interesting the see. If it is a problem then I will just get a bigger heatsink or run the fan.

Reply to
Mickel

That would be correct. The computer analogy would also be correct when I think about it, assuming no light from the monitor leaves the room via windows also. Everything that goes into the PC and its parts would turn into heat.

.

Excellent thermal bonding is essential between the LED package and the heatsink, to allow the heat to flow through from the LED's to the heatsink fast enough. An analogy would be like putting a 1/2" pipe in to drain your shower. The sewer system can easily handle the amount of water that needs to be drained, but the small drain pipe to the sewer becomes a bottleneck. The water would build up, faster than it could leave. The same happens with the heat in this LED/Heatsink design if there isnt a VERY good thermal bond.

Reply to
kreed

so you can get them from a online store " straight away ?" no.

buy or make a cfl driver / inverter for 240 v cfl`s then if your out campin etc....you can buy them anywhere , heck even the corner shop and servo sellem !.

Reply to
no one

No, but as I said Bunnings sell them if I get desperate. As for online I just have to buy a few extra. For my shed I bought a dozen

But doesn't that just transfer the problem to the driver? :-)

Michael

Reply to
Mickel

It must be correct because, being a newsgroup, 50 people would have jumped in to tell us what idiots we are otherwise :-)

Do you think CPU paste will be ok?

Reply to
Mickel

You will need that, but you need a good area of surface to surface contact.

Reply to
kreed