CFL poor performance (=total rubbish)

Phil how do the CFLs handle over voltage? Does it compromise their longevity to the same degree as an incandescent lamp? Have you seen any data on this?

Friday

Reply to
Friday

"Friday"

** What a stupid question.

It falsely presumes that CFLs are all alike.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

That's what I've found with all of them too. It applies to ordinary tubular fluorescents too, but not as much in my experience. All my fluoros in the depths of winter start noticeably dim and slowly come up to normal brilliance. It's because when cold, the mercury vapour condenses on the inside of the glass and needs a bit of heat to vaporize it again, isn't it?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

I didn't presume anything, I asked because I didn't know. If I knew I wouldn't have asked. I was giving you a chance to expound your vast knowledge.

Reply to
Friday

** Fraid you did.

In the first sentence you treat CFLs as a consistent group.

** Do not know what ?

** Then learn ask questions without false presumptions lying behind them.

Make them impossible to answer.

" Have you stopped beating your wife yet ? "

** Well aware it was an asinine attempt at a trap question.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison