CFL poor performance (=total rubbish) - Page 2

Re: CFL poor performance (=total rubbish)

Phil how do the CFLs handle over voltage? Does it compromise their
longevity to the same degree as an incandescent lamp? Have you seen any
data on this?

Friday

Re: CFL poor performance (=total rubbish)

"Friday"

**  What a stupid question.

It falsely presumes that CFLs are all alike.

........    Phil

Re: CFL poor performance (=total rubbish)

I didn't presume anything, I asked because I didn't know. If I knew I
wouldn't have asked. I was giving you a chance to expound your vast
knowledge.

Re: CFL poor performance (=total rubbish)

"Friday"

**  Fraid you did.

 In the first sentence you treat CFLs as a consistent group.

**  Do not know what ?

** Then learn ask questions without false presumptions lying behind them.

    Make them impossible to answer.

 "   Have you stopped beating your wife yet  ?  "

**  Well aware it was an asinine attempt at a trap question.

.....   Phil

Re: CFL poor performance (=total rubbish)

    That's what I've found with all of them too. It applies to ordinary
tubular fluorescents too, but not as much in my experience. All my
fluoros in the depths of winter start noticeably dim and slowly come up
to normal brilliance.
    It's because when cold, the mercury vapour condenses on the inside
of the glass and needs a bit of heat to vaporize it again, isn't it?

Bob

Site Timeline