CENTREX

I had a Centrx 51cm television its picture tube blew under one year, so
they replaced it with a brand new one. Great, but now have just realised
that it hasn't got an headphone jack socket at the front like the old
one.  Went to The Goode Guys and they said no Centrex tv's had headphone
sockets, this puzzled me so I checked the original book and it has a
picture of the socket. Can anyone shed anymore light on this am I just
seeing things and going senile or what.

Re: CENTREX

dont be surprised, HP sockets are getting rare on pc cd-roms usually
doesnt matter these days cause the tele usually only gets used as the
display or monitor with audio routed throgh a hifi vcr or amp. stereo
teles still have ph sockets.

Re: CENTREX

Do you actually use the headphone socket? If so, maybe you could look at one
of the wireless sender units, which would be more portable for you anyway.

I like their methodology though - when faced with the facts, ignore them,
deny them, question you....  :-)

Cheers.

Ken

Re: CENTREX

Yes we do use the headphone socket, as a member of the family is quite
deaf and needs them so as not to have the tv blaring at all hours of the
day and night.

Re: CENTREX

There are products for the hearing-impaired which do exactly this
function, using either the headphone socket or AV outputs (audio only,
of course!) to send tot he listener via FM radio, with a nice little
receiver and headphones for them to wear. Much more convenient than a
trailing lead. My MIL uses one and is quite happy with it (she's made a
habit lately of pretending to be listening to a conversation while
actually listening to one of the music stations off the Sky box!).

Cheers.

Ken

Re: CENTREX

thanks for that Ken I'll look around maybe Dick Smiths or an electronic
shop might be able to help.

Re: CENTREX

For what it's worth, we have two  Sony units that plug into the audio output
of the TV and broadcast via Infra red to the headphones, which use one AA
battery.
They are excellent.
The Product Number is TMR IF 130
They cost about $85 from our local country Retravision.
The headphones have their own volume control.

Re: CENTREX

Thanks T.T. that sounds like the perfect solution if I can get enough
output sockets available.  We have got a dvd, video, and Austar all
running from it.
I will try our local retravision

Re: CENTREX

I think the devices you mention all use input sockets.

Site Timeline