car electric windows

Hi all, Just a quick query, I am looking for a kit or commercial add-on that will automatically raise the electric windows in my VX commodore when I use the remote to lock the doors. I have seen these on a Porsche and other euro vehicles Cheers Tony..

Reply to
CunningLinguist

You might have better luck by posting the question on aus.cars.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

**Jaycar had such an item. I purchased one, but have not gotten around to using it. Check their catalogue.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

It's my understanding that the reason this is not done normally is because of safety issues. The button on my drivers window is auto for down ie. single push but for up you must keep your finger on the button.

Sam

A company called EL (Electric Life) Electric and claiming to be the "power window professionals" were advertising power window kits that look somewhat more substantial and modern than the Jaycar type in "Just Parts". Not in the current edition though so I am not sure if they are still in business. I have never used them so I make no claims. No prices or website but they gave their addresses as 2/90 Heathcote Rd Moorebank and 295 Sydney Rd Coburg. The also claimed to do exchange motors and other parts and bits.

--
Regards
Blue

Remove Z from email address to reply directly.
Reply to
aussieblu

I can find a USA reference see

Regards
Blue

Remove Z from email address to reply directly.
Reply to
aussieblu

See

Regards
Blue

Remove Z from email address to reply directly.
Reply to
aussieblu

I know of at least one car that is auto down and up.

Michael

Reply to
Michael C

My Toyota does auto up & down, it's a japanese import.

Reply to
Tom

because

Do they auto-reverse on obstruction?

Cheers.

Reply to
Sam

I don't know, in a few years of using it I haven't managed to stick any obstruction in the window....

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Mine japanese, an rx7 but it's not an import

Reply to
Michael C

Rented a Volvo A50 while in Europe last year and it would auto-wind up any open windows when the central locking remote was used.

Dunno if the Aus imports of this model do the same.

Chris.

Reply to
chris

There is a unit advertised in the Jaycar catalogue that winds up any 'down' electric windows when you hit the remote locking button

David

aussieblu wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

IIRC, the first jaycar unit to do this was next to useless. It would just trigger all the 'up' switches at once for a set amount of time, and people with older power windows that don't zip up in half a second, esp when all 4 are going, ended up with half-shut windows.

Have they put some kind of current trigger in them now to turn off individual windows when they're shut?

-mark

Reply to
mark jb

I have no experience of these - just saw them in the 2005 catalog and thought I'd pass the info along

David

mark jb wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

I saw one of these on ebay the other night under car accessories.

Reply to
Tsunami

Wouldn't that be a bitch in the rain?

Reply to
Tsunami

My Subaru is and both my Skylines were as well.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston