car electric windows

Hi all,
Just a quick query, I am looking for a kit or commercial add-on that will
automatically raise the electric windows in my VX commodore when I use the
remote to lock the doors.
I have seen these on a Porsche and other euro vehicles
Cheers
Tony..

Re: car electric windows

You might have better luck by posting the question on aus.cars.

Cheers,
Alan

Re: car electric windows

**Jaycar had such an item. I purchased one, but have not gotten around to
using it. Check their catalogue.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: car electric windows

It's my understanding that the reason this is not done normally is because
of safety issues. The button on my drivers window is auto for down ie.
single push but for up you must keep your finger on the button.

Cheers

Re: car electric windows

I know of at least one car that is auto down and up.

Michael

Re: car electric windows

My Toyota does auto up & down, it's a japanese import.

Re: car electric windows

because

Do they auto-reverse on obstruction?

Cheers.

Re: car electric windows

I don't know, in a few years of using it I haven't managed to stick any
obstruction in the window....

Tom

Re: car electric windows

Rented a Volvo A50 while in Europe last year and it would auto-wind up
any open windows when the central locking remote was used.

Dunno if the Aus imports of this model do the same.

Chris.

Re: car electric windows

Mine japanese, an rx7 but it's not an import

Re: car electric windows

Wouldn't that be a bitch in the rain?

Re: car electric windows

My Subaru is and both my Skylines were as well.

Fraser

Re: car electric windows

A company called EL (Electric Life) Electric and claiming to be
the "power window professionals" were advertising power window
kits that look somewhat more substantial and modern than the
Jaycar type in "Just Parts".  Not in the current edition though
so I am not sure if they are still in business. I have never
used them so I make no claims. No prices or website but they
gave their addresses as 2/90 Heathcote Rd Moorebank and 295
Sydney Rd Coburg. The also claimed to do exchange motors and
other parts and bits.
--
Regards
Blue

Re: car electric windows

I can find a USA reference see
http://www.electric-windows.com/electriclife.htm

--
Regards
Blue

Re: car electric windows

There is a unit advertised in the Jaycar catalogue that winds up any
'down' electric windows when you hit the remote locking button

David

Re: car electric windows

IIRC, the first jaycar unit to do this was next to useless. It would just
trigger all the 'up' switches at once for a set amount of time, and people
with older power windows that don't zip up in half a second, esp when all 4
are going, ended up with half-shut windows.

Have they put some kind of current trigger in them now to turn off
individual windows when they're shut?

-mark

Re: car electric windows

I have no experience of these - just saw them in the 2005 catalog and thought
I'd pass the info along

David

Re: car electric windows

See
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/archive/index.php/t-8090.html

--
Regards
Blue

Re: car electric windows

I saw one of these on ebay the other night under car accessories.

Site Timeline