Capacitor voltage rating

Could someone please tell me the voltage rating of this cap.
It's a greencap and the only marking is 2G104K.  It's part of a voltage
doubler in a bug zapper.  It's dimensions are 50% larger than the 100V
greencap that Tricky Dicky sells.  If that's a help.
I understand the 104K part so I guess the 2G is the significant bit but I
didn't get anything useful from Google.
A URL or good search words would also be helpful.

Thank you

Gordon

Re: Capacitor voltage rating

"Gordon W"

 **  Its a 200 volt rated, polyester film capacitor.

........  Phil

Re: Capacitor voltage rating

Thanks Phil, much obliged.

Gordon

Re: Capacitor voltage rating

put finger to keyboard and composed:

According to a couple of Google references, a 2G104K is a .1µF 10%
400V Mylar cap. A 2A104K is a .1µF 10% 100V Mylar.

http://electronickits.com/kit/complete/ligh/ak-520.pdf

A search at Mouser finds similar results under Polyester Film
Capacitors:

http://www.mouser.com/?Ne10%0&handler=data.listcategory&N11%0

-- Franc Zabkar

Re: Capacitor voltage rating

Thanks Franc,  I appreciate your help and the links.

Gordon

Site Timeline