Canon BJC2000SP print head

Does anyone have a print head for a Canon BJC2000SP parallel printer?

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

isn't that part of the cartridge assembly?

My BJC2000SP cartridge packed up just over a year ago it was about $80 for a new one, so I got a lazer printer instead , the sheets fly out.

-- Franc Zabkar

Eric

Depends which system in it your using.

If your black only, (BC-20) Cartidge then the printhead is part of the cartridge, just replace the cartridge..

If your using it in a colour/black mode .. then the BC-21e is your printhead. Most larger retailers that sell the ink will carry the printhead also (includes a set of inks). We sell em at work, about $89 from memory ..

But either way, BC-21e is your part.

Reply to
Lord-Data

I saw a brand new cannon bubble jet for about $100 in big-w the other day. Is it worth it?

Reply to
The Real Andy

That expensive? I thought they had complete scanner/copier/fax multifunction centers for that price these days. Bubblejets are crap for general use, usually very slow and expensive to run. They are only good for colour, and even the crappiest $50 one can do supurb photo quality prints on the right paper. Lasers can be had for under $200 these days and are still the best choice for non-colour work with their super fast printing and long life cartidges.

Just bought ink cartidges for my i250 on eBay, $2 each for Colour & Black, and they last longer than the genuine cannon ones too. You'd be silly to buy genuine cartridges.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 20:43:05 +1000, The Real Andy put finger to keyboard and composed:

I am aware of the cost of a new print head, and so is the customer. The printer is attached to an old Win95, non-USB box (IIRC it's a laptop), so it's not just a matter of buying a cheap USB printer. Apart from the OS and a USB card, upgrading to Win98SE would also require more memory. What makes matters worse is that the customer has just purchased a quantity of ink. A second hand print head is the most expedient solution for her.

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

We had the same problem at work with a whole bunch of test equipment requiring a parallel port printer and we were using BJC2000SP's among others. Couldn't get parallel port inkjets any more so we found a current model Lexmark Laser printer that has a parallel port and have now speced that as an excellent replacement. I think they were about $170ea. Harris Technology have them for just a bit over $200 I think. Can get the model number for you if you like.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

But there may still be a problem getting Win95 drivers.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Not at all, it is fully Laserjet compatibe, so you can use any old laserjet driver you've got, and these come with all versions of Wndows. We use it with Windows 3.11 without any problems at all. BTW, it is the Lexmark E230, available from Harris Technology for $179, probably cheaper from the local computer dealer. Surprising rugged too, not one has died in our 3 month production trial so far, and these are used on mobile trolleys, so it gets vibration and beat up all day long.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

On 5 Nov 2005 16:04:52 -0800, "David L. Jones" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Thanks to all. I'll be putting all the options to the customer. I have a feeling she really needs colour printing, so the laser option may not be suitable. Her original complaint was a missing colour but now the printer won't power up unless the print head is removed. I'll give her my old BJC-255SP - maybe that'll get her out of trouble for a little while. I guess there's always Ebay ...

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar