Canon BJC2000SP print head

Does anyone have a print head for a Canon BJC2000SP parallel printer?

-- Franc Zabkar

Re: Canon BJC2000SP print head

isn't that part of the cartridge assembly?

My BJC2000SP cartridge packed up just over a year ago it was about $80 for a
new one, so I got a lazer printer instead , the sheets fly out.

Does anyone have a print head for a Canon BJC2000SP parallel printer?

-- Franc Zabkar

Re: Canon BJC2000SP print head

Depends which system in it your using.

If your black only, (BC-20) Cartidge then the printhead is part of the
cartridge, just replace the cartridge..

If your using it in a colour/black mode .. then the BC-21e is your
printhead. Most larger retailers that sell the ink will carry the printhead
also (includes a set of inks). We sell em at work, about $89 from memory ..

But either way, BC-21e is your part.

Re: Canon BJC2000SP print head

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:20:08 +1100, Franc Zabkar

I saw a brand new cannon bubble jet for about $100 in big-w the other
day. Is it worth it?

Re: Canon BJC2000SP print head

That expensive? I thought they had complete scanner/copier/fax
multifunction centers for that price these days.
Bubblejets are crap for general use, usually very slow and expensive to
run. They are only good for colour, and even the crappiest $50 one can
do supurb photo quality prints on the right paper. Lasers can be had
for under $200 these days and are still the best choice for non-colour
work with their super fast printing and long life cartidges.

Just bought ink cartidges for my i250 on eBay, $2 each for Colour &
Black, and they last longer than the genuine cannon ones too. You'd be
silly to buy genuine cartridges.

Dave :)

Re: Canon BJC2000SP print head

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 20:43:05 +1000, The Real Andy

I am aware of the cost of a new print head, and so is the customer.
The printer is attached to an old Win95, non-USB box (IIRC it's a
laptop), so it's not just a matter of buying a cheap USB printer.
Apart from the OS and a USB card, upgrading to Win98SE would also
require more memory. What makes matters worse is that the customer has
just purchased a quantity of ink. A second hand print head is the most
expedient solution for her.

-- Franc Zabkar

Re: Canon BJC2000SP print head

We had the same problem at work with a whole bunch of test equipment
requiring a parallel port printer and we were using BJC2000SP's among
others. Couldn't get parallel port inkjets any more so we found a
current model Lexmark Laser printer that has a parallel port and have
now speced that as an excellent replacement. I think they were about
$170ea. Harris Technology have them for just a bit over $200 I think.
Can get the model number for you if you like.

Dave :)

Re: Canon BJC2000SP print head

But there may still be a problem getting Win95 drivers.

MrT.

Re: Canon BJC2000SP print head

Not at all, it is fully Laserjet compatibe, so you can use any old
laserjet driver you've got, and these come with all versions of Wndows.
We use it with Windows 3.11 without any problems at all.
BTW, it is the Lexmark E230, available from Harris Technology for $179,
probably cheaper from the local computer dealer.
Surprising rugged too, not one has died in our 3 month production trial
so far, and these are used on mobile trolleys, so it gets vibration and
beat up all day long.

Dave :)

Re: Canon BJC2000SP print head

finger to keyboard and composed:

Thanks to all. I'll be putting all the options to the customer. I have
a feeling she really needs colour printing, so the laser option may
not be suitable. Her original complaint was a missing colour but now
the printer won't power up unless the print head is removed. I'll give
her my old BJC-255SP - maybe that'll get her out of trouble for a
little while. I guess there's always Ebay ...

-- Franc Zabkar