can someone solder a Dick Smith kit for me?

I want the FM transmitter bug kit assembled.  I tried it myself and it
overheated.

You have to solder it up, took me 1 hour, test it and note the frequency on the
radio,
and mail it to me.  I can paypal or send a money order.  Post your quote if
interested!

www.dicksmith.com.au search fm bug

Herc
--
There are Pretenders among us.
Geniuses with the ability to become

So it doesn't work? Is that because it got too hot when you soldered it? Are
you sure, most components can handle a reasonable amount of heat. Or is it
another problem like static damage? Or a solder bridge that you can locate
and fix yourself with a magnifying glass? Or have you connected the battery
backwards and popped it?

For heavens sake. It'll be cheaper for you to buy another one, plus a
suitable soldering iron and solder if you don't already have one, spend a
couple of hours practising and having another go. That way you'll learn
something useful as well.

Re: can someone solder a Dick Smith kit for me?

I was pretty quick soldering, no static sensitive components.  A transister got
really
hot after a few minutes of being turned on.  The PCB would be hard to bridge with
a solder joint.  I was surprised it didn't work, I've made a heap of FM bugs
long time
ago.

I just remembered I bought an assembled bug from Talking Electronics 20 years
ago so I sent them an email.

Herc

Re: can someone solder a Dick Smith kit for me?
hi, can u post a  pic of the top  of the board , the bottom of the board
and schematic ? make sure they are CLEAR pics , postem here or email em to
:   snipped-for-privacy@adam.com.au

Re: can someone solder a Dick Smith kit for me?

I threw everything in the rubbish.  Talking Electronics is mailing
me a premade bug for $55.

The problem with bugs is you spend hours listening to nothing or one comment
and rarely get good info.  But this bug I got 20 years ago, not sure if they
still
make it but it's in the 1st bug magazine by TE, called Scorpion, it's a tiny
thing
with no antenna or battery, just some alligator clips and you open up your phone
and connect it to the wires, and it only transmits when people are talking on the
phone.  I had a bit of fun with it, found out my gf was planning on playing up...
it draws power from the phone, works forever, and uses the phone wires for
the antenna.  If you got a radio signal triggered tape recorder you'd
have a decent surveillance setup.  Bug range was 100  meters, and cost $16
back then assembled.

Herc

Re: can someone solder a Dick Smith kit for me?

tiny thing
phone
on the

All higly illegal of course.

Too bad she'd now be using her mobile and a fixed phone bug would be
virtually useless.
But did you ever wonder why she was playing up, something to do with what
she wasn't getting from you perhaps :-)

MrT.

Re: can someone solder a Dick Smith kit for me?

probably, tapping your own phone?

I don't know I lost count after I banged her 500 times.

Herc

Re: can someone solder a Dick Smith kit for me?

If neither party to the call knows you're doing it, yes.

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because
Re: can someone solder a Dick Smith kit for me?

Nuts, I was going to nuke my post from google but bloody Mr T quoted me.

Herc

Re: can someone solder a Dick Smith kit for me?

up...
what

Maybe she was after quality not quantity? But hey since you'd already had a
good trot, why did you care anyway? If you've got to put a bug on your own
phone to check on your girlfriend, I suggest it's already time to cut her
loose.

MrT.

Re: can someone solder a Dick Smith kit for me?

Just proves what you CAN do in 20 years if you have the pluck

David - stirring just for fun

Re: can someone solder a Dick Smith kit for me?

tiny thing
phone
on the

All highly illegal of course.

Too bad she'd now be using her mobile and a fixed phone bug would be
virtually useless.
But did you ever wonder why she was playing up, something to do with what
she wasn't getting from you perhaps :-)

MrT.

Re: can someone solder a Dick Smith kit for me?

Well, there no point in soldering a PCB like that but shipping a <$20,- kit
forth and back to Europe may be... :)

petrus bitbyter

Site Timeline