Can somebody explain these bids?

I'm just curious and somewhat perplexed about this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item14%0570138841&ssPageNameAD%ME:B:WNA:AU:1123

I'm on satellite broadband myself and have bought a few of these
modems from eBay over the past couple of years. I've never paid more
than $5 and never seen any go for anywhere near the price this auction
is currently at.

Anyone have any ideas on WTF is going on with this??

Re: Can somebody explain these bids?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item14%0570138841&ssPageNameAD%ME:B:WNA:AU:1123

It seems to be a regular thing with those who assume the eBay price must
be lower than anywhere else. There's been some lulu's on computer gear
and the "Bunny hunters" sometimes reel in a good one :-)
AFAICS a lot of of folks don't research before bidding.

Rheilly P

Re: Can somebody explain these bids?
On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 16:22:41 +0800, Rheilly Phoull

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item14%0570138841&ssPageNameAD%ME:B:WNA:AU:1123

I guess they don't! These come up fairly frequently on fleaBay,
sometimes listed at silly prices (the gear *is* very expensive without
the now gone subsidy), but until now I've never seen anyone, let alone
a few ppl, bid on such auctions. They usually go for around $1 to $20.

Re: Can somebody explain these bids?
i wouldnt even  bother goin satellite. slow, gotta wait for transmission up
and transmission down,.....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item14%0570138841&ssPageNameAD%ME:B:WNA:AU:1123

Re: Can somebody explain these bids?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item14%0570138841&ssPageNameAD%ME:B:WNA:AU:1123

Thanks for the advice.

I suppose I could trying yelling out ones and zeros *really* loudly,
in the hope that some altruistic person 60KM away who is within
earshot, with a phone line and ADSL, is willing to transcribe it all
onto the Internet for me. Do you think it worth trying? Then I could
be rid of this horrible satellite setup. Cheers.

Site Timeline