Can anyone ID this receiver/amp and turntable?

These pics are all I have to go on... I'm particularly interested in the amp, looks to be a kit? Any help appreciated, thanks.

Jeßus

**Amp looks to be home made alright. See if you can get some photos of the internal PCBs. There'll be some designation numbers that will assist identification.

The turntable is unknown to me. Looks like a 220mm platter and it may even be steel. If I'm correct on these points, it is a POS.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

"Trevor Wilson"

** Whole thing look very European.

Should go for $20 max on eBay.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Jeßus Inscribed thus:

It looks like a tuner amp that Tandy/Realistic produced about 25 or so years ago.

--
Best Regards:
                          Baron.

All I have is the one pic at this stage and I don't think the owner is technical enough to pop the top off and take more pics, unfortunately.

Noted and thanks Trev.

Reply to
Jeßus

Thanks Baron, I'll investigate that further, cheers.

Reply to
Jeßus

ic.com/10mu68g.jpg

It doesn't inspire confidence. That turntable only looks big enough to play 45rpm singles. An Audiophile would probably have a stroke if they observed anyone playing an LP on that with the outer edge of it literally hanging in mid air.

What is that thing on the turntable ? it looks like an "turntable mat" made out of sections of craftwood glued together. ? :)

Finally download the pics and enlarge them in your picture viewer. Even though the compression may be to blame, the word "Tuning" looks hand written with the letters not being level or all being the same height. It just does not look like a factory manufactured item. Could be a kit from an electronics magazine.

I would be amazed if this was any sort of commercial product, unless it was made in some 3rd world country. I cant remember seeing anything this bad in any Tandy catalogue back in the old days. Their stuff at least looked nice.

Also possible here is that someone gutted a commercial tuner and made their own case and/or front panel too. It wouldn't be the first time this had been done, even though I don't know why you would bother.

Reply to
kreed