Can anyone ID this receiver/amp and turntable?

These pics are all I have to go on... I'm particularly interested in
the amp, looks to be a kit? Any help appreciated, thanks.
http://i52.tinypic.com/10mu68g.jpg

Re: Can anyone ID this receiver/amp and turntable?

**Amp looks to be home made alright. See if you can get some photos of the
internal PCBs. There'll be some designation numbers that will assist
identification.

The turntable is unknown to me. Looks like a 220mm platter and it may even
be steel. If I'm correct on these points, it is a POS.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Can anyone ID this receiver/amp and turntable?

"Trevor Wilson"

 ** Whole thing look very European.

     Should go for $20 max on eBay.

....   Phil

Re: Can anyone ID this receiver/amp and turntable?

All I have is the one pic at this stage and I don't think the owner is
technical enough to pop the top off and take more pics, unfortunately.

Noted and thanks Trev.

Re: Can anyone ID this receiver/amp and turntable?
Je▀us Inscribed thus:

It looks like a tuner amp that Tandy/Realistic produced about 25 or so
years ago.

--
Best Regards:
                          Baron.

Re: Can anyone ID this receiver/amp and turntable?

Thanks Baron, I'll investigate that further, cheers.

Re: Can anyone ID this receiver/amp and turntable?

It doesn't inspire confidence. That turntable only looks big enough to
play 45rpm singles.
An Audiophile would probably have a stroke if they observed anyone
playing an LP on that
with the outer edge of it literally hanging in mid air.

What is that thing on the turntable ? it looks like an "turntable mat"
made out of sections of craftwood glued together. ?  :)

Finally download the pics and enlarge them in your picture viewer.
Even though the compression may be to blame, the
word "Tuning" looks hand written with the letters not being level or
all being the same height.  It just does not look like
a factory manufactured item.  Could be a kit from an electronics
magazine.

I would be amazed if this was any sort of commercial product, unless
it was made in some 3rd world country.
I cant remember seeing anything this bad in any Tandy catalogue back
in the old days. Their stuff at least looked nice.

Also possible here is that someone gutted a commercial tuner and made
their own case and/or front panel too.
It wouldn't be the first time this had been done, even though I don't
know why you would bother.

Site Timeline