Camera on RS232 =? Micro-USB module + WebCam

I recently saw a Micro-USB module on Dontronics's web site
(http://www.dontronics.com/micro-usb.html). Appearently it convert RS232 to
USB and vice versa.

Would it possible (how) to use this Micro-USB module con connect and an
off-the shelf USB webcam  to a micro controller such as ATMega or PIC?
(I do not need high speed or high resolution images)

Re: Camera on RS232 Micro-USB module + WebCam

No.  Because Micro-USB module and a webcamera are both USB devices, and
you would need a USB host.

   Vadim

Re: Camera on RS232 =? Micro-USB module + WebCam

Take a look at the CMUcam, it already outputs serial and may fit your needs.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~cmucam /

I've not used this product, but it resembles some designed-in-house
camera boards I've used that worked rather nicely.

Later,
Daniel

Re: Camera on RS232 =? Micro-USB module + WebCam

The STV0680B chip from ST that is used in numerous cheapo webcams has an
RS232 interface, although not for tethered video. You may have to dismantle
a webcam and add a RS232 driver.

Wim

Site Timeline