Camcorder Batteries on Ebay are they safe.

I want to buy some extra batteries for my Panasonic Handicam.
Panasonic one cost a mint, and they warn you to use only genuine parts, or
it will cause damage to the camera.

I have found batteries on Ebay from reputable sellers, and a fraction of the
cost of the Panasonic ones.

My questions are, are these batteries safe to use ? will it cause damage to
my Camcorder ?
What should I look out for ?

Thanks kindly for any advice.

Re: Camcorder Batteries on Ebay are they safe.

**Personally, I wouldn't touch them. I have, however, purchased batteries
from WES Components, for less then OEM parts. The batteries are not as good,
but somewhat less expensive.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

--

Re: Camcorder Batteries on Ebay are they safe.

They are perfectly safe, as long as it's the correct replacement model
for your camcorder.
I got 6 spares for my Canon MV800 for about $2 each + a few bucks
postage from eBay US, and they are higher capacity. The genuine canon
ones cost a packet.
I've used them extensively and they work just as good as the genuine
ones.
Forget the warning by the manufacturer, it's a crock designed to make
them money.

Dave :)

Site Timeline