Camcorder Batteries on Ebay are they safe.

I want to buy some extra batteries for my Panasonic Handicam. Panasonic one cost a mint, and they warn you to use only genuine parts, or it will cause damage to the camera.

I have found batteries on Ebay from reputable sellers, and a fraction of the cost of the Panasonic ones.

My questions are, are these batteries safe to use ? will it cause damage to my Camcorder ? What should I look out for ?

Thanks kindly for any advice.

Reply to
Peter

**Personally, I wouldn't touch them. I have, however, purchased batteries from WES Components, for less then OEM parts. The batteries are not as good, but somewhat less expensive.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

They are perfectly safe, as long as it's the correct replacement model for your camcorder. I got 6 spares for my Canon MV800 for about $2 each + a few bucks postage from eBay US, and they are higher capacity. The genuine canon ones cost a packet. I've used them extensively and they work just as good as the genuine ones. Forget the warning by the manufacturer, it's a crock designed to make them money.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones