Camcoder and S video question

I have a fairly mature Panasonic NV-DS5EN camcoder. It plugs into an
interface unit with Audio L/R video RCA sockets, and also has a pot named
S-Video out, and a cable for this. No mention of S-Video IN. So is the IN
function incorporated in the one S-Vide mini DIN(?) plug?  There are 4 pins
and a shell. Otherwise, how do I put a signal INTO the recording (or is that
not possible?)

Re: Camcoder and S video question

Re: Camcoder and S video question

Alan

Did you mean to give me a reply? (BTW I meant port and not pot!)

Re: Camcoder and S video question

Have no experience with this particular model, but many don't.

Possibly switchable input or output via a menu function.
If the socket is really labelled "S-video OUT", then it's doubtful.

Normal for S-video.

It should be covered in the user manual.
Possibly only composite input, maybe via a 4 way 1/8" plug-cable combined
with the audio. That's what some camcorders use anyway.

MrT.

Re: Camcoder and S video question

I have a panasonic, different model NV77 but sounds like the same setup. The
only way I can record on the tape , other than by using the camera is via
the firewire port. If  you  have a firewire socket on that model then it
will be possible  via a PC..

Note someone has asked the question here with a similar answer.
http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/t4691.html

I also found other links indicating it is possible.

Russell

Re: Camcoder and S video question

"rverdon" <verdonsATtpgi.com.au> wrote in message
..
The

Yes, that's simply because your camera has no analog video input circuitry I
assume.

Assuming you can get the video into the computer. May need to buy an anaolg
video input card for the computer.

MrT.

Re: Camcoder and S video question

Gingre a scris:

It's S-VIDEO OUT only.
Search manual , maybe there is another port for input to record
video....

Site Timeline