Caller ID converter

Dear clever folks;

I live in Denmark have a bought a fine American telephone.
The Caller ID function doesn't work, since we use a different system
here. (America uses  Bellcore FSK, Denmark uses DMTF).

I have now in Google found the following device hat should cure the
problem:

The Artech EX 220 Caller ID converter.

http://www.artech.com.tw/html/english/ex220/ex220.htm

But where can you by the damn thing ? I have spent a long time
seaching, but can't find a retailer anywhere on earth..

I have been to Artech's main page www.artech.com.tw , but I can't
figure out how to order.l have written Artech, but so far no reply.
They obviously do not want to sell their products :-)

Any ideas of how to buy or suggestions for a similar product ?

Peter

Re: Caller ID converter

"aa"   =  top posting, law breaking, Saab paddling total fool.

 **  As I pretty much expected .

So it is  ** DOUBLY **   illegal to use it in Denmark.

It is not approved for the Danish phone network and it is not approved as a
phone linked radio transmitting device in Denmark either.

.........  Phil

Re: Caller ID converter

Well, if the phone has a display and is set up to receive Bell 202
(probable) or V.23 (which are usually interoperable - if the filters aren't
too selective) it won't be able to display the DTMF caller ID they use in
some scandinavian countries.  Yepp, the separate display will work, but it
won't display on his "fine American phone", the converter will.

Cheers,
Alf

Re: Caller ID converter

It may have been my expression "fine American phone" that annoyed some
people. All I wanted to say is that it is an attractivly designed wireless
phone with several great functions like answering machine etc. and that it's
caller ID system is the same one as they use in USA. All in order to
pinpoint the problem. I do not automatically relate "fine" to "America" nor
do I have prejudges against America, although I strongly oppose to many
stupidities being committed "over there", especially over the last 3 years.

And by the way, the (General Electric) phone was bought in Venezuela, who's
president Hugo Chvez is driving Bush and Condolezza Rice mad.. That
certainly warms my heart ! :-)

How do I get the converter ?

P.

Re: Caller ID converter

**  Nah -  it was the fact you are such a smug and arrogant bloody idiot.

**  What sort of madness makes you think the phone was actually made in the
USA  ????

**  So  NOW we find it is only approved for the ** Venezuela ** phone system
and radio spectrum regulations !!!!

  This Grate Dane's lunacy just gets better and better  !!!!!!

**  Try Googling one up  -  fool.

..........  Phil

Re: Caller ID converter

Ok.  Now I understand.

I never said it was made in USA.
Many Italian cars are not made in Italy etc, etc.
By the way, what makes you think I drive Saab ?

As I suggested in my very first post, I have had no luck in doing do.
To prove you are not a fool yourself, then please see if you can find the
detailed info about purchasing a converter for me.
If you can't, then that makes 2 of us...

Re: Caller ID converter

"aa"  =   top posting, law breaking, Saab paddling total fool.

 **  Blatant lie.

 **  Never said you did.

**  There could be a very simple reason for that  -  you over snipping fool.

**  I have not intention of doing anything to help - since what YOU are
doing is illegal.

     Might as well ask me to track down prohibited drugs for you.

.........  Phil

Re: Caller ID converter

i suggest you killfile the tosspot who is insulting you and start again.

Re: Caller ID converter

"Ed-"

**I suggest you all killfile the above FUCKWIT, crim & congenital Horse's
Arse .

.........  Phil

Re: Caller ID converter

He didn't.  To quote PA " ...Saab paddling.."

Stooooopid Phil thinks you paddle a Saab not realising that Saab is an
automotive manufacturer.  Of course, we wouldn't expect Phil to know that,
because at the age of 53 he hasn't go a driver's licence.  Mind you Saab
also make busses, and I'm sure the little bleeder has caught one of them at
some time.  However he's too stooooopid to notice things like that. :P

Re: Caller ID converter

 ** Baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh .......  baaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh  .....

**  LOL -  this Eric sheep shagger never got them at any time.

  **  ROTFL

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhrrrrrrrrffffffff.

..........  Phil

Re: Caller ID converter

than I understand
wonder why??
time.
Such eloquent use of the English language as normal.

Sigh...............................

Philthy have you considered getting into the Guinness Book
of World Records for the most hated and Killfiled person in
UseNet history?  Worth a go as you would actually end up
with a documented and recognised achievement.

TT

Re: Caller ID converter

 DMTF what's that?

  DTMF? DPSK?

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: Caller ID converter

the
opposed
systems
the

I daresay you mean BPSK??

Ken

Re: Caller ID converter

I think he means DTMF - Dual Tone Multi-Frequency

DPSK - Differential Phase Shift Keying