Calculating Power Usage Costs

You could work out how much of a killowatt the 120 watts is and use the ratio to calculate the cost..

Reply to
atec77

Hi,

I assume the price is 12.67c per kWh.

120W = 0.12kW. Every hour you use 0.12 x 12.67c = 1.52c, so per day would be 0.12 x 24 x 12.67c = 36.49c.

That's it.

"Murray R. Van Luyn." schreef in bericht news:47b9b66d$0$30941$ snipped-for-privacy@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au...

Reply to
Rob040

Hi,

Anyone know how to calculate power usage costs? I've got an 120W fan that I want to run continuously. How do I use the 12.67c 'meter unit' price to calculate running costs?

Muz

Reply to
Murray R. Van Luyn.

Where do you get power that cheap ?

In the backwater of South Australia the going (summer) rate is 17.82c/kWh.

Reply to
Fun Tyme

Really not sure what the price per kWh is. The figure quoted on my bill is in 'meter reading units'. It seems like that must be a kWh though.

Muz.

Reply to
Murray R. Van Luyn.

Gosh! That was a lot simpler than I thought it was going to be. Thanks very much Rob40. I'll have to make sure a 'meter unit' is a kWh first, but that sounds like an affordable expense.

Reply to
Murray R. Van Luyn.

Oops, forgot to mention. That's Perth in W.A., but it might be a pensioner rate. I can't remember if I applied for cheap power or not.

Muz

Reply to
Murray R. Van Luyn.

In Sydney I pay 13.329c/kWh base + an extra 5c/kWh for 100% green wind power. That's with Origin.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Why the high South Australian price ?

Privatisation has been sooooo successful in respect of commercial competition and pricing ! Pig's arse....

I use AGL but shopping around makes little difference.

There is a winter price of 16.52c/kWh.

Is anyone able to post prices for other locations, please ?

Reply to
Fun Tyme

Prices for Energy Australia:

David

Its not so much privatization in SA but lack of coal based generating capacity and a weak link from VIC which means a lot of SAs power is now generated at Torrens Island which is gas fired. Gas fired power is relatively expensive due to the price of the gas. Its only supposed to be used as peaking power not base load power.

This is the SA spot price over a 24 hr period.

Mauried

You're welcome. Not all things have to be difficult ;-)

"Murray R. Van Luyn." schreef in bericht news:47baa11f$0$30957$ snipped-for-privacy@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au...

Reply to
Rob040

Here in Canada we pay an average of $0.75 to $0.095 per kW/hr. The exact amount depends on the location and the consumption. As the user consumes more per month, he gets a bigger discount. The minimum or base price from the power company is $55.00 per month. This means that if you use zero power that month, you pay the minimum base.

--
JANA
_____