Brother MFC 3420C Printer Problem

After having read the problems faced by Epson printer owners
I have cautiously decided to write and ask for advice here.

Printer I own is Brother MFC 3240C

The printer is just a little over a year old. Purchased in March last
year and has been through several cartridge changes over the period

Lately when I print I am noticing occasional missing dots or white
lines through printed material and sometimes on pictures. I have
activated a cleaning cycle and that seems to clear things up but
then the problem returns soon enough especially after printing lots
of text pages and such.

I've only recently put in new ink cartridges too.

So any advice would be appreciated

Re: Brother MFC 3420C Printer Problem

Get it fixed. Brother printers are terribly notorious for failures .. we
sell em at work .. we get proabbly 10x more of those back than any other
brand ..

[ VIDGuide.com ] [ Irdeto Card Sharing Resources & Other Sat TV Interests ]
[ http://www.VIDGuide.com ]

Re: Brother MFC 3420C Printer Problem

Get it fixed... hehehe

I'm about half tempted now to jump up and down on it till
it goes snap!!!

They want about $200 to replace the print heads on the
yellow and magenta cartridge cradles...  Yikes!!!!!!!!

I may as well go out and purchasae a brand new printer
for that price. That's what they think the problem is
that the heads are gone.

I wonder if I'll get better luck with a laser printer.

Re: Brother MFC 3420C Printer Problem

That might not be that easy look here
http://www.notgoodenough.org/index.php?page50%#aus

scroll down to Brother to the Rescue

Re: Brother MFC 3420C Printer Problem

Hi!
I also have a Brother MFC 3420C

I am fairly satisfied on the whole, but definitely not with the colour
cartridge life!  I printed precisely two photographs and a few days
later there was a message that one of the colour cartdriges was nearly
empty.  After a few days (during which no colour printing was done) the
message told me that the cartridge was empty.  The printer then locked
up and would not print anything (even in black) until this cartridge was
replaced.  Fortunately, I bought all 3 colours as spares because a few
days later another one emptied and required replacement (no message re
the third yet).  Only two photos is a disgrace.  I know the automatic
cleaning process uses a little ink but that should be minimal.

Site Timeline