Blue Ant Abortion?

** Hi to all,

I know someone who is the proud owner of one of these:

http://www.blueant.com.au/supertooth2.htm

He rang me while sitting in the driver's set of his stationery van  -  using
the Blue Ant dangling from this rear view mirror as intended.

I could hardly make out his words, the sound quality was just appalling.
Extremely honky and with low volume  - sounded to be on the verge of mid
frequency feedback all the time.

He then moved the unit to the self belt anchor near his left ear,  made SFA
difference. It was so hard to discern what he was saying that I would not
wish to continue the conversation for more than a minute or attempt converse
in more than four word phrases.

The he started up the engine and moved off  -  conversation then became
quite impossible.

The exaggerated gearbox noise sounded like the phone was being used in a
hurricane and his voice kept disappearing altogether.

Latest technology  -  right ?

.......   Phil

Re: Blue Ant Abortion?

"Phil Allison"

**  No, he is not in the office supplies game.

     That should of course be " stationary ".

.......  Phil

Re: Blue Ant Abortion?

  Well the advertising does say that the audio quality's
"exceptional".... ;-)

Bob

On Sun, 14 May 2006 15:12:15 +1000, "Phil Allison"

Re: Blue Ant Abortion?

I know a few people with these pieces of junk, and yes the audio quality is
crap.
That's why I opted for a genuine Motorola in car Bluetooth kit HF850 (the
installed type).
The audio quality is very good and the only giveaway that it's installed in
your car is a small
pillar mounted microphone and a small illuminated keypad to control. :-)
The speaker can be
mounted under the dash so you don't even see it.
On incoming and outgoing calls it mutes the car stereo (nice touch) and has
voice recognition.
Okay so the fixed installation type isn't easily transplanted from car to
car it works so much better. :-)
Also during a call it will hand over from HF kit to phone and vice versa so
you don't miss a word. :-)
Bluetooth 1.2 compatible.
http://www.techoni.com.au/product_info.php?cPath88%&products_id56%8 but you
can get it for much less
elsewhere if you shop around.

Cheers,
Alan

Re: Blue Ant Abortion?

I was taken by the promise of "exceptional quality",  but was totally
underwhelmed.  I had two, and sold both of them at a great loss.  Totally
useless in my estimation.  I would never recommend them to anyone!

Rod

Re: Blue Ant Abortion?

"Rod"

** The person  USING   the Blue Ant  reported hearing *very clear* sound
from the speaker.

No surprise when the other party was using wired phone  !!!!!

Apparently the hands free devices that use an in ear piece and mini boom mic
are the ones to go for in a noisy ( or any) vehicle  -   plus have the
ENORMOUS advantage of keeping the conversation  PRIVATE.

You never know WHO is listening in when speaking to a party who is on hands
free !!

Faux pas central !!

.......  Phil

Re: Blue Ant Abortion?

Or a landline phone in a block of flats if the BD doesn't have a lock on it
for that matter.

Re: Blue Ant Abortion?

On Sun, 14 May 2006 15:12:15 +1000, "Phil Allison"

Sunvisor is the recommended position to mount it. It comes with a
metal bracket that clips around the visor and then the magnet om the
rear of the blueant sticks to the bracket.

In normal operatoration the microphone should be in the 45 degree
angle facing the user. If you pull the visor down, the microphone
bends back to 160 degrees and again is directly facing the user.

I've been told the speech quality is heaps better than the standard
built-in handfree built into most nokia phones.

We're using around 40 of them at my work and AFAIK no-one has any
complaints with them. Only annoyance I have is I get home from work
and take it inside the house and its still connected the handsfree in
the car.

They're also good if you're outside away from the mobile and need to
know when its ringing - the blueant ringtone is loud enough to hear
over a pair of earmuffs and air-compressor.

Re: Blue Ant Abortion?

"David Sauer"

  **  Irrelevant shite.

**   More irrelevant shite.

**  Wrong party's point of view  - fuckwit !

**  Far as a complete ASS like Sauer knows   -

     dog shit is identical to chocolate.

.......   Phil

Re: Blue Ant Abortion?

Previous version of this device is installed in my wife's car.

The only problem we had is that sometimes it will not work turn on when
trying the outgoing call.
Apart from that it, sound quality is quite good.

Rudolf