Bloody Uniden phone w/ answering machine...

Just a mini-rant/warning:

I bought a Uniden phone, the type where (fixed) base handset with
answering machine and cordless handset will still work without mains
power. Been a great phone with excellent range, very good audio and the
speakerphone picks up a sparrow fart - but I noticed one immensely
annoying 'feature': until you listen to *all* messages *from beginning to
end*, it won't let you delete the message.

I only noticed this the other day, as I answered a call on another phone
down the shed... I picked up just as the answering machine kicked in, so
it recorded the convo to it's maximum recordable duration (whatever
length that is).

Anyone know if other brand phones have this same bullshit feature?

It's my goddamned phone, if I want to delete a message whether
accidentally or intentionally, then thats what I want to do.

I must admit I havent read the manual (blasphemy to do so), so there's a
slim chance it can be disabled - can't see how it can be done via the
menu though.

Re: Bloody Uniden phone w/ answering machine...

**I've owned a bunch of different 'phones over the years. I finally spent
the extra cash and purchased my first Panasonic a few years ago. Brilliant,
easy to use and VERY good range (I take it with me to my neighbour's homes
and can use it with ease). And yes: You can delete each message at any time.
I have yet to read the manual. The damned thing so easy to use. You can set
the machine up and listen to messages from any of the three handsets. BTW:
It is not a DECT 'phone.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Bloody Uniden phone w/ answering machine...

Isn't that a bit impolite?

Re: Bloody Uniden phone w/ answering machine...

**Probly.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Bloody Uniden phone w/ answering machine...

No worse than a mobile phone.

Re: Bloody Uniden phone w/ answering machine...

Nope, no different to taking your mobile except on your costs.

Mine isnt quite that good, the neighbours are just out of range, which is
a damned nuisance when I'm checking why their alarm has just gone off.

Re: Bloody Uniden phone w/ answering machine...

I still my old Uniden dect cordless/speakerphone/answering machine -
which incidentally will allow you to delete messages when you want.

My first DECT system was Ericcson (sp), very well made, very rugged
handsets but pricey at the time.

Site Timeline