Biggest Electronics Design contest ever!

Farnell are really putting some great money up for this one.
http://www.live-edge.com
Two thumbs up.

Dave.

Re: Biggest Electronics Design contest ever!

Are you entering Dave?

Re: Biggest Electronics Design contest ever!

If I can come up with an idea good enough.
My wife is an environmental scientist, so that might help.

Watch every well funded uni research center on the planet enter it
though.

The thing is that it appears to be just for an electronics project, so
you could invent a 100% efficient solar cell and not be eligible to
enter.

Dave.

Re: Biggest Electronics Design contest ever!

"David L. Jones"

** I just watched (most) of that appalling video of  Harriet Green,
Farnell's female CEO.

Could not stop thinking about  " Harriet Jones ",  the member for Flydale
North from the new Doctor Who series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriet_Jones

http://www.flydale-north.org.uk /

Did the Farnell CEO  peel off her fake exterior to reveal an alien monster
inside ?

I was too damn scared to watch ......

.......   Phil

Re: Biggest Electronics Design contest ever!

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 03:25:53 -0700, the renowned "David L. Jones"

Not the biggest ever. TI had one in 2000 where the grand prize was
$100K cash rather than $50K+. Also a USD was worth around 50% more
back then. ;-)

It is an interesting approach to target the environment.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: Biggest Electronics Design contest ever!

On a sunny day (Wed, 06 Jun 2007 09:16:53 -0500) it happened Spehro Pefhany

Something makes no sense, a 'flow diagram for the software', but a detailed
BOM with manufacturers specified for the hardware.

Wow, one FPGA of the largest size.....
Now what does it do?
Oh well it is an AI module helping people to find ways how to reduce global
warming ;-)
LOL
They have been pooring kilo dollars into AI for many years.....

Hey, I have a ready design, my 5 Watt webserver (and it really works):
OK I did not do most of the hardware and not most of the software....
But genius is putting the right parts together in the right way :-)
 http://panteltje.com/panteltje/wap54g/index.html#wapserver
I do not play in contests, never.

Note to self:
Do not post this, will overload server.

Re: Biggest Electronics Design contest ever!

Damn, completely missed that one.

Dave.

Re: Biggest Electronics Design contest ever!

I never buy from Farnell as they have a min order of A3%20.

Always buy from local Maplin or go to RS Components.

Site Timeline