battery question

the power went off recently, and the UPS protecting the PC, etc., failed
to kick in, so I'm guessing that the battery needs replacement, since
it's at least 5 years old- maybe even up to ten years old. (can't
remember when I got it). the battery that's in there now is a YUASA
NP7-12, and it has written on it that's it 'valve regulated'. I could
replace it with the same battery, but generic ones are cheaper, but they
don't say 'valve regulated', so I'm wondering if that's a necessary
thing or not? what would ppl recommend? ta!

--
rgds,

Pete
Re: battery question
same rating and voltage will do

--

Re: battery question

so are all these kinds of batteries 'valve regulated', or is that some
kind of extra safety feature with only some of them? I looked on the net
and it seems that 'valve regulated' might just mean the type of design
of this kind of battery.

--
rgds,

Pete
Re: battery question
It's a venting system.

Re: battery question

Kind of like these news groups ;-)

Chris.

Re: battery question

The SLA batteries I've examined are just a push on rubber cap over a
pipe. They will release pressure from charging too fast.

The wet cells seem to just have a convoluted path in the screw in cap or
will pop their push in cap a smidge and vent through slots in the plugs.

Re: battery question

There's no official, legal one at least.
But there's a network of health professionals who help people in this
area.

Re: battery question

So it isnt even possible for it to be medically prescribed, stupid.

Still not medically prescribed, stupid.

Re: battery question
On Wed, 3 Sep 2014 07:29:00 +1000, "Rod Speed"

Theres something wrong with buying the "medically prescribed" chinese
copies at cheaper prices in Haymarket?
--
Petzl
Life is hard, it's harder if you'r stupid

Re: battery question

Those arent medically prescribed either.

Re: battery question

They're not medically prescribed because their quackery isn't recognised
either.

The side effects of marijuana often far outweigh the perceived benefits
and the only people I personally know that keep banging on about it are
those that would like to convince themselves and everyone else that they
are smoking weed because it's "medicine" in order to justify them
getting off their faces all the time.

I think they are missing the point though and not doing the argument for
medicinal use any favours. More research needs to be done so that
whatever benefits there are (ie: reducing nausea from chemotherapy),
those elements or compounds need to be isolated so that maximum benefit
is obtained with the least amount of side effects in prescribed dosages.

Re: battery question

It has a use for terminally ill cancer patients. Other than that I agree
with the law.
You don't have to inhale. Biscuits are an option.

Re: battery question

It has a lot more uses than that.

Of course you don't need to smoke it.

Re: battery question
On Wed, 3 Sep 2014 07:29:00 +1000, "Rod Speed"

Going into autistic mode already, Rodney?
They prescribe it, and also provide it via a proxy. Deal with it.

It is medically prescribed. Too bad for you that you can't deal with
it.

Re: battery question

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Like hell they do. It isnt even possible to prescribe what is illegal,
cretin.

Pigs arse they do.

Nothing to deal with except your pig ignorant shit, fuckwit.

Like hell it is. It isnt even possible to prescribe what is illegal, cretin.

Nothing to deal with except your pig ignorant shit, fuckwit.

Re: battery question
On Thu, 4 Sep 2014 13:18:52 +1000, "Rod Speed"

And yet, it is done regularly, daily. I know that for a fact.
So what if it's against the law? That somehow means it can't happen?

You know, you better hope I never find out your address.

Re: battery question

Head to the Mary Jane capital of NSW.

Re: battery question

I doubt that somehow!

Re: battery question

Griffith not in the ACT

Re: battery question

Bullshit it is with the official prescription system.

Like hell you do.

That's why it isnt EVER PRESCRIBED, fuckwit.

Yep, no doctor is actually that stupid.

Its trivially easy to find, fuckwit child.

And you have just provided all the evidence I will
ever need for what will happen to you, fuckwit child.

Site Timeline