Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

Does anyone know were to get bare PCB mount 4mm Banana Jacks (socket)?
The kind you find when you open a typical digital multimeter, with
just the bare metal shaft.

The usual suppliers and searching aren't bringing up much.

Thanks
Dave.

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

"David L. Jones"

http://au.farnell.com/hirschmann/bo10/socket-4mm-metal-pk5/dp/1176433?_requestid39%8938

.....  Phil

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

Thanks Phil, but that's not it.
This is what I'm talking about:
http://www.dimensionengineering.com/appnotes/vibration_meter/multimeter_internals.jpg
Bottom right corner, just the bare 4mm turret/tube that solder
directly to the PCB.
(BTW, that took a ridiculously long time to find a photo of, my Google
mojo must be way off today)

Dave.

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

"David L. Jones"
 "Phil Allison"
http://www.dimensionengineering.com/appnotes/vibration_meter/multimeter_internals.jpg

 **  Nothing stops you using the two nuts, one above and one under the PCB
to achieve the same result.

 Solder them to the pcb as well if you like.

....   Phil

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?
http://au.farnell.com/hirschmann/bo10/socket-4mm-metal-pk5/dp/1176433?_requestid39%8938

Holy cats!   11 bucks per banana jack?   LOL

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

"Greegor"
http://au.farnell.com/hirschmann/bo10/socket-4mm-metal-pk5/dp/1176433?_requestid39%8938

** You get 5 of them in a pack for that price.

  You dopey prick.

.....   Phil

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?
http://au.farnell.com/hirschmann/bo10/socket-4mm-metal-pk5/dp/1176433?_requestid39%8938

... and this is why I don't buy from Farnell.

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

http://au.farnell.com/hirschmann/bo10/socket-4mm-metal-pk5/dp/1176433?_requestid39%8938

As Phil already pointed out (in his usual diplomatic style) that is
for 5 pcs.

I have noticed they are getting much better for certain products
(e.g. surface mount things on reels). They are sometimes better than
Digikey. And you can sort by price, kind of, so actually quite useful
when selecting a part for a new design.

--

John Devereux

Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

My apologies Phil!  Yes it does say 5 for $11.
Are you always in such a good mood?   LOL

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

Another person who can't read I see. It's for a packet of 5.

Farnell can be cheaper than Jaycar, Digikey, Mouser, RS etc, even more
so now with the crap Aussie dollar.
They have a ridiculously big range and deliver same day. and they have
just lowered prices and increased stock on lots of semi's to boot.

Yes, some things are still outragously expensive, but smart people
know what stuff is worth and use the likes of www.findchips.com first.

Dave.

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?
On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 12:24:47 -0800 (PST), "David L. Jones"

I was cleaning out some old brochures and saw these eyelets:
http://www.tarapath.com.au/products.cfm?PRID23%99

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

http://www.pomonaelectronics.com/pdf/d5699_5700_5701_2_01.pdf

http://www.pomonaelectronics.com/pdf/d3277_1_02.pdf

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

Thanks, but that ain't it.
As posted elsewhere in the thread, this is what I'm specifically
after:
http://www.alternatezone.com/images/BananaJackPCB.jpg
The solder type with just the bare 4mm barrel, as used in multimeters.

I'm aware of the many screw, press fit, and other mounting
alternatives, but that's not what I'm after in this case.

Thanks.
Dave.

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

:>
:
:Thanks, but that ain't it.
:As posted elsewhere in the thread, this is what I'm specifically
:after:
:
http://www.alternatezone.com/images/BananaJackPCB.jpg
:The solder type with just the bare 4mm barrel, as used in multimeters.
:
:I'm aware of the many screw, press fit, and other mounting
:alternatives, but that's not what I'm after in this case.
:
:Thanks.
:Dave.

This claims to be pcb mount 4mm socket but I can't see how it provides reliable
mounting.
http://www.rapidonline.com/Cables-Connectors/Connectors-Single-Pole/4mm-Connectors/4mm-PCB-Socket/67718/kw /

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

You could try to find a piece of 4mm ID tube and just solder it in place.
Check the hardware stores or hobby shops for brass tubing.

Good Luck!
Rich

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

I was thinking a *really* crappy solution would be a 4mm through-hole
in the PCB :)

--

John Devereux

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

That's done routinely - see "feedthrough capacitor". :-)

Cheers!
Rich

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

| Does anyone know were to get bare PCB mount 4mm Banana Jacks (socket)?
| The kind you find when you open a typical digital multimeter, with
| just the bare metal shaft.
|
| The usual suppliers and searching aren't bringing up much.
|
| Thanks
| Dave.

Plain old swaged un-threaded standoff?

Cheers

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

Following up the tubing idea:

At the McMaster-Carr site: http://www.mcmaster.com /
Search for part: 8859K22

Re: Bare PCB mount Banana Jack?

PCB-mount banana sockets instantly bring the word 'fracture' to my mind...

geoff

Site Timeline