Bank mail scam, watchout - dont enter anything on the form !

A variant of a scam from someone in Australia is now operating out
of Malaysia, friend just got this link:-

http://www.it-electronics.org/careers.htm

Whatever you do *dont* enter any details, its offering a commission on
accepting cheques for international payment. This is a classic and well
known scam.

The site where the domain is registered has been notified.

Caution as its targetting Australia now, especially self employed people
who are looking for extra doh, dont be sucked in.

--
Regards
Mike

So, what is new?

Those scams are always around. Getting at least few a week

And, imho, if people are supid enough to fail for one, then they deserved
it. Stupidity is punishable.
Same as falling for "nigerian letter" or similar.

Rudolf

Re: Bank mail scam, watchout - dont enter anything on the form !

says...

Rather more trouble than normal went into this, targetted a friend who
hasnt got an email address on the net for public view either.

There are now two variants of that one, can more easily pull in a 20 to 30yr
old who moonlights with a fair amount of ease.

You've obviously never had kids. Or understand the transition from childhood
to adolscence or then on to adulthood in that experiences can be gained at
any time of life and are not uniform either.

Is it stupid to explore, its probably far more stupid to subtly criticise
someone for bringing it to our attention, what is the punishment for that ?

not at all - its targetted far better and has a similitude of a web page,
havent yet seen any nigerian scam that even comes close.

--
Regards
Mike
Re: Bank mail scam, watchout - dont enter anything on the form !

Mike, don't waste your time. There's plenty of dolts who'll call any number
of victims "stupid".

"Never argue with an idiot; bystanders may not be able to distinguish the
difference..." -- anon

Site Timeline