band 5 sbs antenna

I have an old band 5 sbs 28 tv antenna.  It was expensive at the time.

Will it work for digital tv??  Its a big job to setup on roof, I dont
want to waste time..

Just a side question,   when I place my meter on the antenna terminals
its a direct short..  Looks like lead feeds a solid u bit of
aluminium..  Does this sound ok?

Re: band 5 sbs antenna
It may , but is it a duel rx or meant speficially for vhf ? with no
shorter uhf elements ?
the short may indicater a balun , basically you may need to wait and try
it when you change over and then make a decision

--

Re: band 5 sbs antenna
no its a dedicated uhf only.. about 1.2m long..

http://www.academytv.com.au/categories/Antenna-for-HD-Digital-TV /

Looks like  for digital I need to tune from 28 - 50,  my band IV only
designed 28 to 35.

yes you are right, it is the balun that I am reading as a short,
Looks like Ill just have to try it..

Re: band 5 sbs antenna

  You should probably replace the old caox with RG6 tri or quad which is
very cheap and some n fittings to maximise signal but you might be lucky

Re: band 5 sbs antenna

You'll have to try it and see.  Also the coaxial cable may need
upgrading.  It should be RG6 with atleast 2 shield layers (1 foil,
1 braid) preferably 4 shield layers, 2 foil 2 braid (interleaved).

That is typical of most TV antennas, it does not indicate a fault.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

---

Site Timeline