AY-3-8910 Sound Chip Availability ?

Does anyone know if the AY-3-8910 is still available and if so who stocks it
?

thanks in advance

Re: AY-3-8910 Sound Chip Availability ?

If that's the frequency-generator chip that was used in the 1970's
organs, it begs the question of who would be so sick as to want one.
Thank G*d we don't have to generate dischords that way any more.
My bet is that you won't find them sold new anywhere...

Re: AY-3-8910 Sound Chip Availability ?

I saw someone recently selling them, and a board to suit as well.

try comp.arch.embedded
pretty sure it was there.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: AY-3-8910 Sound Chip Availability ?

http://www.homearcade.org/BBBB/parts.html
is advertising them, but I don't think this was the man that approached me some
time ago. So there could be several sources out there.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: AY-3-8910 Sound Chip Availability ?

Go find yourself an old videogame board, and desolder some. Gyruss had 5
AY-3-8910s. Years back I did exactly that, and interfaced one to a 6809
SBC I wire-wrapped. To be fair, I had access to essentially unlimited
numbers of videogame pcbs at that stage :)

Cheers
Terry

Re: AY-3-8910 Sound Chip Availability ?

Many years ago they were sold by Tandy stores.

If you're extremely lucky, a store that's been around a long time might have
one or two under a few layers of dust on a shelf somewhere...

    Craig

it

Re: AY-3-8910 Sound Chip Availability ?

dont bother. When Dick Smith bought out InterTan they systematically
cleared all the old stock out by way of sales and any remaining stock was
recalled and dumped.

Mike

Re: AY-3-8910 Sound Chip Availability ?

it

Thanks to those who responded, as suggested a video games supplier was able
to find me a couple.

regards

Robert

Re: AY-3-8910 Sound Chip Availability ?

Cool. Post a pretty picture when you've made one go.

Cheers
The Videogame Tech formerly known as Terry

Site Timeline