AY-3-8910 Sound Chip Availability ?

Does anyone know if the AY-3-8910 is still available and if so who stocks it ?

thanks in advance

Reply to
Robert King

If that's the frequency-generator chip that was used in the 1970's organs, it begs the question of who would be so sick as to want one. Thank G*d we don't have to generate dischords that way any more. My bet is that you won't find them sold new anywhere...

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I saw someone recently selling them, and a board to suit as well.

try comp.arch.embedded pretty sure it was there.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

is advertising them, but I don't think this was the man that approached me some time ago. So there could be several sources out there.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Go find yourself an old videogame board, and desolder some. Gyruss had 5 AY-3-8910s. Years back I did exactly that, and interfaced one to a 6809 SBC I wire-wrapped. To be fair, I had access to essentially unlimited numbers of videogame pcbs at that stage :)

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Many years ago they were sold by Tandy stores.

If you're extremely lucky, a store that's been around a long time might have one or two under a few layers of dust on a shelf somewhere...

Craig

it

Reply to
Craig Hart

dont bother. When Dick Smith bought out InterTan they systematically cleared all the old stock out by way of sales and any remaining stock was recalled and dumped.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Paull

it

Thanks to those who responded, as suggested a video games supplier was able to find me a couple.

regards

Robert

Reply to
Robert King

Cool. Post a pretty picture when you've made one go.

Cheers The Videogame Tech formerly known as Terry

Reply to
Terry Given