AWA VCR/DVD Combo Fault

Hi All, I am at my wits end with this one.
It is an AWA VCR/DVD Combo Model DF4200 with the following fault.
On power up there is no video out put on either VCR or dvd.
Once it goes through its power up tests a black horizontal line on a grey
background appears.
Heating and freezing has no effect.I have changed the video ic as well as
the MPEG board without success.
If i use the component output instead of the normal video output  i get a
double image with a black horizontal bar down the middle.
All power rails have been checked and are ok.
Has anyone ssen this before.
Cheers
Joe

Re: AWA VCR/DVD Combo Fault

Try using the component output, go thru the menu, and change the output to
normal 4:3 output, this might help.
Only time I've seen similar 'double images' is when the DVD is Progressive
Scan and the TV doesn't support it.

Do tell if this helps!

-mark

Re: AWA VCR/DVD Combo Fault

Thanks Mark.Tried that but no go.
Still have no output on VCR or normal DVD video.
Bloody weird one this.
Cheers
Joe

Re: AWA VCR/DVD Combo Fault

Well, I have no f*kin idea then.
Perhaps the output electronics have half-fried and locked itself into Pscan
mode? Certainly is a killer problem

-mark

Re: AWA VCR/DVD Combo Fault

Thanks Mark, suspect micro.I think i will pul the pin on this one.
Bloody weird, have not seen this before.
Cheers
Joe