Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- AWA info Please
- Martin, VK2UMJ
March 22, 2005, 10:51 am
rate this thread
OK, here's a question for all the old AWA techs on here!!
Looking for some info/schematics for a power supply 1LP82162, made for AWA
by Antaron Aust. 13.8VDC 8A supply, from old commercial 2-way site.
Also some info on the AWA "Automatic Battery Changeover Unit" 1LW82185.
This little box has 6 wires exiting - Blue, Red, Orange, Black - then Red &
Black, connected on the PCB to points A, B, C, D, E and F respectively. So,
I gather from the simple cct and testing that Blue (A) is power supply/mains
+, Red (B) is output (to radio) +, Black (D) is negative, and (E) Black, (F)
Red is the battery - and +. So, my question is - what is the Orange (C)
wire for? It seems that power applied to (A) also appears at (F) as a
charge voltage? But is (C) also a battery charge???
I'm hoping one of you knowledgeable ex-AWA techie types in here will have
seen these old things around and can give me some helpful insight as to
correct connections. The PS seems to have 2 outputs, but are they the same
output or separate??
Don't feel like fully dismantling these if I can avoid it!!!
vk2umj AT yahoo DOT com DOT au
Re: AWA info Please
Still not having much luck with that so far, so if anyone out there has any
info it'd be really appreciated!!!
Especially looking for info about the wiring of the battery changeover
unit - just can't figure out what the hell the orange wire is used for! All
others make sense no problems....
- » Re: EG2202C-KR / L1F90000P 116x64px LCD display module - $1.50ea
- — Previous thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » LOL OTT The 15 Most Hilarious, Absurd And Brutal Rate My Teacher Comments Ever!
- — Newest thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Hate crimes against Moselms are up 1173% in 2016
- — Last Updated thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » OT: Nothing Happened in Sweden Again Last Night
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design
- » Best place for a hobbiest to buy small amounts of parts?
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design