AV sender interfence

Hi, all

Visited customer yesterday. He bought 2.4GHz AV sender to send Foxtel signal from one room to another. I set it up only to find interference that makes annoying to watch. Traced it down to Uniden cordless phone customer has. Tried to switch phone and AV sender to different channels without luck.

Customer agreed to run the cable instead of wireless sender, but I wonder if anything can be done to fix the situation.

Thanks, Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

"Rudolf"

** Does the cordless phone work on the 2.4 GHz band as well ?

Not a thing you can do about co-channel interference, except remove the source.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yes

I though so. Putting a cable for customer newt weekend. I wish they make those senders digital, then it should be possible to cleanly extract even noisy signal.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

"Rudolf"

** LOL !

Sure, just means having MPEG and MP3 encoders built into the Txs and matching decoders in the Rxs plus the same RF technology that DTV uses.

Piece of cake.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yes, get a 5Gb sender. They were introduced for just this situation. John

Reply to
Two Bob

And just in case it does work, 5GHz phones were introduced as well :-) I prefer old good coax cable

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

"Two Bob"

** Err - you meant 5 GHz , didn't you ......

Shame how they are illegal on that band.

Can't you see the earlier thread on that topic ?

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yep, computer fever! Been in the computer industry for 32 years, and comms for only 18. Old habits die hard.

So is the use of handheld mobile phones, but they are still used. Didn't they bring out a law, abt 25 years ago, regarding rf disrupting domestic entertainment?

Reply to
Two Bob

"Two Bob"

** Bollocks, plus completely irrelevant even if it were true.

Illegal = illegal to SELL.

Means no availability.

Fuckwit .

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Welcome to the world of free bandwidth. I have many customers wanting to go wireless, I refuse to let it happen for the exact same reason. Great for personal use, no good for commercial use. These days everything uses the free bands, so it is becoming increasingly useless for personal use as well.

Reply to
The Real Andy

I have been through the link you posted, where does it mention that these devices are illegal?

I like you too!

Reply to
Two Bob

Yes, I read the thread last night. I also went to the link you posted only to find NO mention of these devices. It doesn't worry me one way or the other. You pointed out that these units were illegal, I didn't know that and tried to find the relivant law to no avail.

Can you point to a link that tells us that these devices are illegal?? If you can, good. If you can't, thats OK too, we will be none the wiser! But an admission of being wrong wont be a sign of weakness, just a sign of being human. (people respect that)

Reply to
Two Bob

"Two Bob"

** All transmitters ARE ILLEGAL !!

Unless a specific licence or class licence makes them legal.

The Commonwealth of Australia OWNS the air waves.

The C of A took control of them back in 1901 - IIRC.

They get to say who get to use radio frequencies in this country and how they can use them.

Infringers, if caught, get to pay huge fines or go to jail.

** Yes - and I already have.

Here is the Class License doc that covers the case in question:

$file/RadcomLIPDClassLic2000.pdf

No 19 covers the usual AV senders on 2.4 GHz to 10mW output - since it is for " all transmitters ".

5.8 GHz is reserved for RC, telemetry and RF ID equipment - see what the table says.

There is no way an analogue AV transmitter qualifies for the LIPD band at

5.8 GHz.

Therefore it does not comply with ACMA requirements - as it does not comply with any standard.

Importers must make sure that any radio device they bring in for sale complies with one of the standards.

Looks like Jaycar failed to do that.

Not the first time for them either - some years ago they were selling radio microphone systems on illegal ( TV broadcast) frequencies and were stopped.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Of course! As soon as they figure how to do it, they will licence the air we breath as well.

$file/RadcomLIPDClassLic2000.pdf

Ok, point taken. I've got to admit, it's the first time I have looked into comms rules and regs. Wow, with the double dutch language they use any interpretation can be given to a lay person.

WES, Oakley etc would be in the same boat as well

Reply to
Two Bob

"Two Bob"

** Not many lay people manufacture or import RF gear.
** You can tell us what you are mysteriously alluding to anytime.

Yawnnnnnnnnn ........

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Two Bob" wrote

I've got to admit, it's the first time I have looked into comms rules and regs. Wow, with the double dutch language they use any interpretation can be given to a lay person.

*****Which by your own admission is precisely what you are,why therefore would you question (over and over) the original post from an expert that told you the truth! The mind boggles.

Brian g

Reply to
Brian g

Depends of frequency range (there is a free band) and, most impotantly, power of transmitter. There is nothing wrong in using transmitter on any frequency if signal range is only a few meters, for example.

I was working with 3G stuff and we asked the government about those sort of things (we had to transmit in mobile phone band). There was not a problem, as long as our power levels were small enough to contain the signal within the office. We did have to get a licence for commercial testing, though.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

"Rudolf"

** Who created that band - Mickey Mouse maybe ?????

Have trouble seeing the wood from the trees?

** Even a short range Tx can block a Rx on the same frequency from receiving a weak signal that it otherwise would.

" The Commonwealth of Australia OWNS the air waves......

They get to say who get to use radio frequencies in this country and how they can use them. "

You can get away with anything, if nobody catches you.

Even murder.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yes, the mind does boggle! The questions were for enlightenment, nothing more, nothing less. No one claimed to be an expert. ( X = unknown quantity, spurt = a drip under pressure) The claim was made that these units were illegal, I asked for a link to show this, Phil was kind enough to give it. Believe it or not, knowledge is gained by asking questions.

John

Reply to
Two Bob

That is what I was saying about the wording of the documents. Being double dutch means one office monkey can tell you one thing, then the next monkey will interpret it differently.

John

Reply to
Two Bob