AV sender interfence

Hi, all

Visited customer yesterday. He bought 2.4GHz AV sender to send Foxtel signal
from one room to another.
I set it up  only to find interference that makes annoying to watch. Traced
it down to Uniden cordless phone customer has.
Tried to switch phone and AV sender to different channels without luck.

Customer agreed to run the cable instead of wireless sender, but I wonder if
anything can be done to fix the situation.

Thanks,
Rudolf

Re: AV sender interfence

"Rudolf"

** Does the cordless phone work on the 2.4 GHz band as well ?

   Not a thing you can do about co-channel interference, except remove the
source.

.......   Phil

Re: AV sender interfence

Yes

I though so. Putting a cable for customer newt weekend. I wish they make
those senders digital, then it should be possible to cleanly extract even
noisy signal.

Rudolf

Re: AV sender interfence

"Rudolf"

**  LOL  !

Sure,  just means having  MPEG and MP3 encoders built into the Txs and
matching decoders in the Rxs plus the same RF technology that DTV uses.

Piece of cake.

......    Phil

Re: AV sender interfence

Yes, get a 5Gb sender. They were introduced for just this situation.
John

Re: AV sender interfence

And just in case it does work, 5GHz phones were introduced as well :-)
I prefer old good coax cable

Rudolf

Re: AV sender interfence

"Two Bob"

 **  Err  -  you meant 5 GHz , didn't you  ......

Shame how they are illegal on that band.

Can't you see the earlier thread on that topic ?

.......   Phil

Re: AV sender interfence

Yep, computer fever! Been in the computer industry for 32 years, and comms
for only 18. Old habits die hard.

So is the use of handheld mobile phones, but they are still used.
Didn't they bring out a law, abt 25 years ago, regarding rf disrupting
domestic entertainment?

Re: AV sender interfence

"Two Bob"

** Bollocks,  plus completely irrelevant even if it were true.

   Illegal  =  illegal  to SELL.

   Means no availability.

   Fuckwit .

........   Phil

Re: AV sender interfence

I have been through the link you posted, where does it mention that these
devices are illegal?

I like you too!

Re: AV sender interfence

Yes, I read the thread last night. I also went to the link you posted only
to find NO mention of these devices. It doesn't worry me one way or the
other. You pointed out that these units were illegal, I didn't know that and
tried to find the relivant law to no avail.

Can you point to a link that tells us that these devices are illegal?? If
you can, good. If you can't, thats OK too, we will be none the wiser! But an
admission of being wrong wont be a sign of weakness, just a sign of being
human. (people respect that)

Re: AV sender interfence

"Two Bob"

** All transmitters  ARE   ILLEGAL   !!

Unless a specific licence or class licence makes them legal.

The Commonwealth of Australia  OWNS  the air waves.

The C of A took control of them back in 1901  -   IIRC.

They get to say who get to use radio frequencies in this country and how
they can use them.

Infringers, if caught,  get to pay huge fines or go to jail.

** Yes  -   and I already have.

Here is the Class License doc that covers the case in question:

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legislation/LegislativeInstrumentCompilation1.nsf/0/71D36E0C17A40CB3CA2571B80018AF7A /$file/RadcomLIPDClassLic2000.pdf

No 19  covers the usual AV senders on 2.4 GHz  to 10mW output  -  since it
is for " all transmitters ".

5.8 GHz is reserved for  RC,  telemetry and RF  ID equipment  -  see what
the table says.

There is no way an analogue AV  transmitter qualifies for the LIPD band at
5.8 GHz.

Therefore it does not comply with ACMA requirements  - as it does not comply
with any standard.

Importers must make sure that any radio device they bring in for sale
complies with one of the standards.

Looks like Jaycar failed to do that.

Not the first time for them either -  some years ago they were selling radio
microphone systems on illegal ( TV broadcast) frequencies and were stopped.

.......   Phil

Re: AV sender interfence

Of course! As soon as they figure how to do it, they will licence the air we
breath as well.

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legislation/LegislativeInstrumentCompilation1.nsf/0/71D36E0C17A40CB3CA2571B80018AF7A /$file/RadcomLIPDClassLic2000.pdf

Ok, point taken. I've got to admit, it's the first time I have looked into
comms rules and regs. Wow, with the double dutch language they use any
interpretation can be given to a lay person.

WES, Oakley etc would be in the same boat as well

Re: AV sender interfence

"Two Bob"

 **  Not many lay people manufacture or import RF gear.

** You can tell us what you are mysteriously alluding to anytime.

    Yawnnnnnnnnn ........

......   Phil

Re: AV sender interfence

 I've got to admit, it's the first time I have looked into
comms rules and regs. Wow, with the double dutch language they use any
interpretation can be given to a lay person.

*****Which by your own admission is precisely what you are,why therefore
would you question (over and over) the original post from an expert that
told you the truth!
The mind boggles.

Brian g

Re: AV sender interfence

Yes, the mind does boggle! The questions were for enlightenment, nothing
more, nothing less. No one claimed to be an expert. ( X = unknown quantity,
spurt = a drip under pressure)  The claim was made that these units were
illegal, I asked for a link to show this, Phil was kind enough to give it.
Believe it or not, knowledge is gained by asking questions.

John

Re: AV sender interfence

Depends of frequency range (there is a free band) and, most impotantly,
power of transmitter. There is nothing wrong in using transmitter on any
frequency if signal range is only a few meters, for example.

I was working with 3G stuff and we asked the government about those sort of
things (we had to transmit in mobile phone band). There was not a problem,
as long as our power levels were small enough to contain the signal within
the office. We did have to get a licence for commercial testing, though.

Rudolf

Re: AV sender interfence

"Rudolf"

**  Who created that band  -  Mickey Mouse maybe ?????

      Have trouble seeing the wood from the trees?

**  Even a short range Tx can block a Rx on the same frequency from
receiving a weak signal that it otherwise would.

" The Commonwealth of Australia  OWNS  the air waves......

They get to say who get to use radio frequencies in this country and how
they can use them. "

You can get away with anything, if nobody catches you.

Even  murder.

.......   Phil

Re: AV sender interfence

That is what I was saying about the wording of the documents. Being double
dutch means one office monkey can tell you one thing, then the next monkey
will interpret it differently.

John

Re: AV sender interfence

"Two Bob"

** Hmmmm .....

Our new friend Mr " 2 Bob "  is now well in the running for the annual
aus.electronics best  " Simian Anthropomorphic Comment "  award.

Awarded for outstanding contributions to the science of  humans exhibiting
monkey style logic.

The prize is a very rare, gold plated, straight banana.

Queenslanders need not apply......

.......   Phil

Site Timeline