automotive LED "replacement" bulbs are P.I.T.A.

All the T10 wedge bulbs that I have bought (from different vendors) have been non-polarised, so they work first time. Now anything smaller, such as B8.5D or T4 is polarised, so they only work one way. And for some of the applications, you don't know until almost everything is put back together. And they don't seem to have any markings to say which side is positive or negative. None of the pricks selling you these things tell you that they are polarised.

Reply to
bruce56

True they should mention it, but with a couple of clip leads connected to a 12V battery or power supply you should be able to figure out which way 'round works, and put your own markings on before you put things together.

--
__          __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Yeah it's a PITA alright. When I replaced all of my dashboard lamps with LEDs I tested them first and used a red sharpie to mark the positive side.

--
Shaun.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
~misfit~

that should be obvious

--
"memento mori, memento vivere"
Reply to

Probably not to many people who would consider changing a blown bulb to be the crowning glory of their mechanical independence.

--

Not that I have reason to believe that's the case with the OP, he adds hastily.

--