automotive headlights turn of with ign schematic ?

hi,  anybody  know of any schematics available that will turn of a cars
headlights with the ignition ?

mark

Re: automotive headlights turn of with ign schematic ?

Ummmm, largish relay, say 30A contacts. Drive coil from ign & place contacts
in the current path to the headlights????

Re: automotive headlights turn of with ign schematic ?

yeah, fit a headlight relay with the switch contacts in series with
the input to the light switch and the coil connected to the ignition
or accessory circuit and ground.

there may be simpler ways, but that's the easiest to describe and
should work in all cases.

this setup means you won't be able to flash the headlights without
turning the key, and may stop the park lights from working

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

Re: automotive headlights turn of with ign schematic ?

If the relay contacts are interrupt the low beam circuit (on the output side
of the light sw) parkers will be intact and the "flash" function which used
the high beam filaments will also be intact.

Re: automotive headlights turn of with ign schematic ?

Wouldn't surprise me if wasn't allowed for some obscure reason under
Australian design rules. Otherwise I'm sure it would be an option in the
specs..........

Re: automotive headlights turn of with ign schematic ?
mark krawczuk expressed precisely :

If you mean as I expect, Turn OFF when the ignition is off.
Commodores, subarus and probably many others have had this built in for
more than 10 years.
Commodore even has a setting called Auto where the headlights only come
on if they are required, ie dark enough, or you can set them to be on
whenever the engine is On.

--
John G

Site Timeline