automotive headlights turn of with ign schematic ?

Ummmm, largish relay, say 30A contacts. Drive coil from ign & place contacts in the current path to the headlights????

Reply to
Dennis

hi, anybody know of any schematics available that will turn of a cars headlights with the ignition ?

mark

Reply to
mark krawczuk

yeah, fit a headlight relay with the switch contacts in series with the input to the light switch and the coil connected to the ignition or accessory circuit and ground.

there may be simpler ways, but that's the easiest to describe and should work in all cases.

this setup means you won't be able to flash the headlights without turning the key, and may stop the park lights from working

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

If the relay contacts are interrupt the low beam circuit (on the output side of the light sw) parkers will be intact and the "flash" function which used the high beam filaments will also be intact.

Reply to
Dennis

Wouldn't surprise me if wasn't allowed for some obscure reason under Australian design rules. Otherwise I'm sure it would be an option in the specs..........

Reply to
Metro

mark krawczuk expressed precisely :

If you mean as I expect, Turn OFF when the ignition is off. Commodores, subarus and probably many others have had this built in for more than 10 years. Commodore even has a setting called Auto where the headlights only come on if they are required, ie dark enough, or you can set them to be on whenever the engine is On.

--
John G
Reply to