Australian Company

I got an email today from Becman Manufacturing (PC Boards) informing that they will be closed from 4th to 18th February to celebrate Chinese New Year.

Over the past umpteen months I has received emails from them touting themselves as an "Australian" company, their address is at Walter Crest, Lawnton QLD. I don't use them, I unfortunately I deal directly with PCB companies in China.

So does this mean that we can expect various local companies to choose which countries holidays they will shut up shop?

I think I will acknowledge each of the World's countries holidays throughout this year, and take leave for those periods - hopefully I will still have one or two customers left in December!

Reply to
SFD

SFD explained on 31/01/2013 :

On technical training courses overseas in years gone by we always tried to take all the Australian holidays as well as those of whatever country we happend to be in :oÞ

--
John G
Reply to

So you are suggesting they should not celebrate their own cultural festivities else "go home" ? Or there should be a law against it ? Or just that it's a curious factor of life this cnetury ?

geoff

Reply to
geoff

BEC were always an "Australian" company, and I used their services on a couple of occasions in the past when their boards were produced in Brissie. The fact that they now CLOSE for Chinese New Year makes it abundantly clear that a large proportion of their boards - if not all

- are now outsourced to fabs in China, yet they still charge "Australian" prices.

Nowadays I get my boards direct from Chinese fabs. That way the benefit of lower offshore prices comes to ME, not some Oz middle-man.

Reply to
who where

will be closed from 4th to 18th February to

At least they told you that they wouldn't be able to get anything done then.

themselves as an "Australian" company, their address is at

with PCB companies in China.

Give Dick Smith a ring, maybe he'll make a video about it.

countries holidays they will shut up shop?

If an OZ company depends on O/S fabrication then how can they provide a service during the time their O/S supplier is shut?

this year, and take leave for those periods -

OZ still has a way to go with its holiday regulations, for example the way holidays are shifted if the real holiday date falls on a weekend etc.

Reply to
yaputya