Australia: Google wipes Street View data, guts cars

By Liam Tung on May 5, 2011 6:09 AM (25 minutes ago) Update to kill sniffing software.

Google has deleted its Australian Street View payload data, which it revealed last October included emails, URLs and passwords.

?First, you may remember that our ultimate goal was to delete the payload data. We can report that this was completed in February under independent supervision,? Alan Eustace, Google US senior vice president of engineering and research wrote on a Google Australia blog post.

Google also provided a written declaration that it had gutted its Subaru Imprezas of radio, Wi-Fi equipment and software it previously used during its packet-sniffing roaming.

?We removed all WiFi equipment from our Street View cars and will not be collecting any WiFi data via the Street View cars,? said Eustace.

Full Story:

Cheers Don...

Ref:

===================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Dontronics Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects?
"I'd buy that for a Dollar!".