Aus telephone voltages and frequencies - Page 2

Re: Aus telephone voltages and frequencies

Its enough to give a decent boot.

Re: Aus telephone voltages and frequencies
On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 11:57:21 +1100, "StrandElectric"

I should explain that I worked for Telstra for 23 years as an analog
exchange technician.
For those exchanges the battery backup consisted of the batteries
being 'floated' across the power supply. The batteries were 24 x 2
volt hence a nominal 48 volts, but the power supply was set at 52.8
to maintain the battery charge.
The ring voltage is/was 80 volts AC which when added to the 50 volts
gives 130 volts peak.
Its enough to give a non lethal shock.

Site Timeline