aus.hifi - dead?

Sorry if this has been asked 1000 times - Has the aus.hifi group been
discontinued?

I stopped bothering with it because a certain person with the initials 'PA'
used to fill it with abuse. If I want to be abused, I just say "Hi" to any
girl. Most of the interesting posters gradually stopped posting, so I
stopped bothering with it too.

So, was it closed down or did it just die from neglect?

Cheers,
abuse welcome,
Deano.

Re: aus.hifi - dead?

"Deano"

**  Good as.

**  PA was one who constantly copped the vilest abuse and criminal threats
from psychotic anti hi-fi trolls.

     For posting about hi-fi.

**  So you are every bit as stupid and repulsive as I thought.

**  A private forum was created by most of the anti hi-fi, psycho trolls.

     http://forum.aushifi.com /

** Got taken over by barbarians who "murdered" anyone who stood up to
hem  - then simply abandoned, as they did not want a usenet group in the
first place.

They wanted a chat room to post their bullshit on without outside
interruption.

........  Phil

Re: aus.hifi - dead?

Delusions of grandeur and conspiracy theories noted!

TT

Re: aus.hifi - dead?

**Nope. Why don't you post a question, or a comment and find out for
yourself?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

--

Re: aus.hifi - dead?

"Trevor Wilson"

I would if I could find ' aus.hifi ' on my newsgroup server. Its gone.

Deano.

Re: aus.hifi - dead?

"Trevor Wilson"

I would if I could find ' aus.hifi ' on my newsgroup server. Its gone.

Deano.

****Why don't you take a closer look at the news groups lists and you will
then see it's "aus.hi-fi"

Brian g

Re: aus.hifi - dead?

    It was aus.hi-fi (with a hyphen) last time I looked. :-)

Bob

Re: aus.hifi - dead?

"Bob Parker"

I now feel about half an inch tall. Yes it is ' aus.hi-fi ' and it looks
like ' PA ' is right about me.

Thanks for that everyone,
Deano.

Re: aus.hifi - dead?

    I overlooked the hyphen the first time I went looking for it, too. ;-)

Bob

Re: aus.hifi - dead?

Its working on google groups. Doesnt look any more exciting than it
did 2-3 years back when I used to read it regularly.

Re: aus.hifi - dead?

I believe most of the regulars have switched to the members only phpBB
forum at http://forum.aushifi.com

I fear Aus.Electronics might be headed the same way, the signal-to-
noise ratio is getting lower every day thanks to the recent coss-
posted stuff re MassiveProng et.al

Dave.

Re: aus.hifi - dead?

: > Sorry if this has been asked 1000 times - Has the
aus.hifi group been
: > discontinued?
: >
:
: I believe most of the regulars have switched to the
members only phpBB
: forum at http://forum.aushifi.com
:
: I fear Aus.Electronics might be headed the same way, the
signal-to-
: noise ratio is getting lower every day thanks to the
recent coss-
: posted stuff re MassiveProng et.al
:
: Dave.
:

Thanks for the plug :-)

As much as I defend people's right to free speech there
comes a point where disruptive and abusive individuals need
to be curtailed.

A moderated forum is no different than a group of people
turning away from abuse and just shutting the door behind
then so they can continue their conversations in peace.

Unfortunately Usenet's freedom can also be it's downfall.
So hopefully when the legal system catches up with
cyberspace we will see a turn around.

Cheers TT

Re: aus.hifi - dead?

Is there a phpBB Aus.Electronics forum, and if so, where?
A good killfile regime does help keep away the infantile..(ahem)
"|_4/\/|2Z" (did I get that right?) but an alternative forum like
phpBB has the advantage of virtually unlimited retention.

"I like to be organised. A place for everything. And everything all over the
place."

Re: aus.hifi - dead?

There's nothing stopping you from starting one.  The phpBB
software is cheapish to buy so all you need is to find
someone to host the site for free and you're up and away.

Cheers TT

Re: aus.hifi - dead?

No, but there is the Aus-Electronics Yahoo chat group:
Lots of members, but not much traffic though.

I suspect there would not be enough interested people to keep an
aus.electronics phpBB forum flowing.

Dave.

Site Timeline