aus.hifi - dead?

Sorry if this has been asked 1000 times - Has the aus.hifi group been discontinued?

I stopped bothering with it because a certain person with the initials 'PA' used to fill it with abuse. If I want to be abused, I just say "Hi" to any girl. Most of the interesting posters gradually stopped posting, so I stopped bothering with it too.

So, was it closed down or did it just die from neglect?

Cheers, abuse welcome, Deano.

Reply to
Deano

"Deano"

** Good as.

** PA was one who constantly copped the vilest abuse and criminal threats from psychotic anti hi-fi trolls.

For posting about hi-fi.

** So you are every bit as stupid and repulsive as I thought.
** A private forum was created by most of the anti hi-fi, psycho trolls.

** Got taken over by barbarians who "murdered" anyone who stood up to hem - then simply abandoned, as they did not want a usenet group in the first place.

They wanted a chat room to post their bullshit on without outside interruption.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

**Nope. Why don't you post a question, or a comment and find out for yourself?
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

"Trevor Wilson"

I would if I could find ' aus.hifi ' on my newsgroup server. Its gone.

Deano.

Reply to
Deano

"Trevor Wilson"

I would if I could find ' aus.hifi ' on my newsgroup server. Its gone.

Deano.

****Why don't you take a closer look at the news groups lists and you will then see it's "aus.hi-fi"

Brian g

Reply to
Brian g

It was aus.hi-fi (with a hyphen) last time I looked. :-)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

"Bob Parker"

I now feel about half an inch tall. Yes it is ' aus.hi-fi ' and it looks like ' PA ' is right about me.

Thanks for that everyone, Deano.

Reply to
Deano

I overlooked the hyphen the first time I went looking for it, too. ;-)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Delusions of grandeur and conspiracy theories noted!

TT

Reply to
TT

I believe most of the regulars have switched to the members only phpBB forum at

I fear Aus.Electronics might be headed the same way, the signal-to- noise ratio is getting lower every day thanks to the recent coss- posted stuff re MassiveProng et.al

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

: > I stopped bothering with it because a certain person with the initials 'PA' : > used to fill it with abuse. If I want to be abused, I just say "Hi" to any : > girl. Most of the interesting posters gradually stopped posting, so I : > stopped bothering with it too. : >

: > So, was it closed down or did it just die from neglect? : >

: > Cheers, : > abuse welcome, : > Deano. : : I believe most of the regulars have switched to the members only phpBB : forum at

: : I fear Aus.Electronics might be headed the same way, the signal-to- : noise ratio is getting lower every day thanks to the recent coss- : posted stuff re MassiveProng et.al : : Dave. :

Thanks for the plug :-)

As much as I defend people's right to free speech there comes a point where disruptive and abusive individuals need to be curtailed.

A moderated forum is no different than a group of people turning away from abuse and just shutting the door behind then so they can continue their conversations in peace.

Unfortunately Usenet's freedom can also be it's downfall. So hopefully when the legal system catches up with cyberspace we will see a turn around.

Cheers TT

Reply to
TT

Is there a phpBB Aus.Electronics forum, and if so, where? A good killfile regime does help keep away the infantile..(ahem) "|_4/\/\3|2Z" (did I get that right?) but an alternative forum like phpBB has the advantage of virtually unlimited retention.

____________________________________________________ "I like to be organised. A place for everything. And everything all over the place."

Reply to
Tim Polmear

Its working on google groups. Doesnt look any more exciting than it did 2-3 years back when I used to read it regularly.

Reply to
kreed

There's nothing stopping you from starting one. The phpBB software is cheapish to buy so all you need is to find someone to host the site for free and you're up and away.

Cheers TT

Reply to
TT

No, but there is the Aus-Electronics Yahoo chat group:

Lots of members, but not much traffic though.

I suspect there would not be enough interested people to keep an aus.electronics phpBB forum flowing.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones