Aus.Electronics Stats

Google Groups has a new look, and now has some stats about each group for those that care about such things:

Looks like I'm going to have to up my game to compete with Phil this month :->

And Phil beats out the perennial favourite Rod Speed on the all-time list.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Presumably the GG stats relate only tp newsgroup access via GG, and is essentially meaningless ?

geoff

Reply to
Geoff

"Geoff"

** No way.

Include all posts that have appeared on GG - minus only the "no-archive" ones I expect.

My total is given as 6351 posts, using 3 addys in 6 years.

I never used any handle or alias.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

No, as Phil said. GG displays, archives, and allows you to search all Usenet posts, and has done so since Google aquired the DejaNews archive. The stats are based on the email address used in the Usenet post, nothing to do with GG membership/useage at all. I've used two (maybe 3) different email addresses over the years, so my total is 1531 from the two that are listed.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Not wrong. Phyllis came second, third AND fourth. Is that a tree-fukter?

Reply to
quandong nut

But Phil abuse, trolls and dribble shouldn't be included. What's the total left after that?

Reply to
Friday

** I absolutely could not agree more.
** 6352.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"quandong nut"

** What does the NSW Green TAB pay out for that one ???

...... Phil ;-)

Reply to
Phil Allison

Very good!

Reply to
Friday

What about swear stats? Back in the days of Fidonet flame-wars the expletives were counted and used as the basis for ranking. My guess is that it would not affect the winner though.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

A free toaster! (But a bit broken like.)

Reply to
Otter

(But a bit broken like.)

And it comes with one of those dodgy power cords!

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Sounds like you know just the man for the job.

Reply to
Otter