Audiophool product of the week

Bullshit. You are at least an order of magnitude off.

How 'bout you retards put up a list of gear that even meets your claimed specs. 0.001% OR 0.003%. It is a very short list, and an even shorter list of those that actually meet their claims when all is told (or listened to).

Most, if not nearly all don't even come close.

Delusional twits distorting the minds of all that see their utter horseshit.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

So does 14ga or 16ga zip cord. Goes around the terminals nicely too.

Reply to
krw

Regular old #10 or #12 Ga El Cheapo speaker wire from the swap meet works better, and it is marked, so you do not have to go hunting for little ridges on the wire sheathing.

A pair of #12 TFE SPC wires twisted together loosely from work works pretty damned good too. Better, in fact.

Don't worry, K-Tard. I am addressing the thread, not you, so your stupidity remains intact.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

The ployrad cable I was talking about has ~ 0.08 uf/ft

250' of that was used in a test.

At 5 khz, that is ~ Xc of 1.6.

The amp that was in use, rated at 100 watts RMS @ 8 ohms..

Checking the figures, I think it can be seen where the problem is..

Speaker wire on the other hand, uses material that does not exhibit this high C/ft., not just for the material but the physical construction of twin lead reduces the effect.

Reply to
Jamie

Figures you'd be so stupid you'd have to go "hunting" for the ridges. Zip cord is *cheap* and looks like the lamps cord.

You're batting average is still 0, AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

Thanks for the laughs the second tome around! I first read this shortly after you published it...about eight years ago now! Some things never change!

--
Virg Wall, P.E.
Reply to

On a sunny day (Sun, 03 Jan 2010 15:58:49 -0500) it happened Jamie wrote in :

OK, so that is extreme capacitance. I just use power mains leads for the speakers... Less then 1000 pF / meter I am sure. I think I have never seen a cable of 80 nF / foot :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

You've got to hand it to them: As far as I can tell, this doesn't connect to anything, nor does it have a power source (maybe I missed something?).

If so, no compliance testing (FCC, UL, etc.) needs to be done. No false claims will be made (to anyone in an official capacity) of performance.

On a related note: My auto sig generator pulled this one up on its own. Coincidence? I think not.

If Bill gates had a dime for every windows machine that crashed...
Wait a minute, he does!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

And do you use low C speakers too? I'm wondering just how low you think the cable capacitance needs to be for a typical 8 ohm, or less, speaker system? Easy enough to measure the signal at the speaker terminals in any case to prove if there really is a problem.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

You mean two or three. But he did say >=0.003%, not HOW MUCH greater than! :-) :-)

Forget the equipment (lot's of electronics can actually do better than that these days), name one recording that can meet that spec? Or even a speaker for that matter.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

[snip]

That's it!! Speaker oil!

Off to the patent office. Quickly.

Bumper sticker: You're too close for missiles. Switching to guns.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Yep, who uses 250' speaker cables?

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

So, how many did you order?

God doesn't play dice. However, He does play a mean game of
3 card monte.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I've built amplifiers that tested at 0.003% (hp Audio Distortion Analyzer), which is why I used that number. I _could_ hear that distortion. However that _was_ >20 years ago ;-)

Playing in an orchestra makes you hyper sensitive to distortion, because you know what it _should_ sound like. ...Jim Thompson

When you need to run some wire from pole to pole in a recreation area that has a baseball field in it.

Reply to
Jamie

From looking at it? It may not even be a real object.

And you believe what you read on that site?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

LOWER C than a parallel or twisted pair. Also a lower L.

Never said that there was a problem. Note where one of the main features I liked about them is their flat construction.

"Low C speakers"? WAKE UP!

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Outdoor events, maybe?

Much better to pipe the signal (wirelessly even) and amplify locally to the transducer.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Pipe the signal and use an in speaker amplification paradigm.

Distortion? Use an HF carrier to put it onto. Strip out the undistorted original signal at the destination, then amplify it local to the speaker itself.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

'Ludes were great drugs. It was like the best drunk you ever had, but no hangover. In fact, you felt great the next day, having slept so well. Pity they were so inclined to abuse.

John