Audiophool product of the week

Has any one tried to buy one, it might be an elaborate joke.

Reply to
F Murtz

At $1000 each...

It is an elaborate ruse to get idiots that think they have all the answers in the audio listening realm, to reduce their wallet thickness to obtain a bit of snake oil, even though real men know that snake oil does nothing for audio.

Reply to
HiggsField

You're right, I wouldn't!

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

I got as far as it telling me the bank account details for payment.

So unless the payment would bounce (I'm not about to try!), it looks real. At least, a real attempt to get money. Whether I would actually receive a plastic box is another matter.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Thanks for the fix Archimedes, Mike

Reply to
amdx

On a sunny day (Sun, 03 Jan 2010 22:54:51 +1100) it happened Sylvia Else wrote in :

I just remember I have some acoustic miracle bricks. Those are only 899 $ a piece, so you will be better off. The bricks need to be used bare, no cement, and in the correct position in the room. In the correct configuration they form the 'wall of sound'.

Jan Panteltje

You must have only spent two seconds on the site, because there is no plastic in the product. A fact I could see from merely looking at it. THEN I read the specs.

How did you make it through college with such stupid, constant presumptions? Hell, primary school, for that matter!

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

I don't think its a joke. A good many scams for years have been run on AudioPhools!.

I will add how ever on the subject of speaker wire, with runs over 10 feet or more, its highly recommended to not use just any old paired wire you have hanging around, just because it has a large gauge in it. Things like power cables and the such!.. The capacitance is so high in the polyrad types for example, that long runs from an amp will actually suppress the upper octaves and exert stress on the amplifier. Its clearly understandable why many places have PF issues using such products..

Our manufacturing plant happens to make products that fall into that category. And we showed that to a supposed expert in the audio electronics field after an argument about using the correct wire, gauges not part of the subject. And yes, this subject that we argued with also believed in the use of oxygen free wire as advertised one time as "Monster Wire"

Reply to
Jamie

I used to braid my own low C flat cables.

They also have the advantage of hiding under carpets, etc. very easily and without much of a surface deformation.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Well, that's not true, it may keep that polypropylene (woofers) in good shape for years to come! Not to mentioned the foam rubber on the cones!

Come on now, don't knock down a good idea!

I can see it now.

"Genuine speaker snake oil, to keep those cones alive and moving like new for years to come."

Caution: "May cause side effects like gonorrhea, pyorrhea, diarrhea, headache and the occasional odor on hot summer days"

Reply to
Jamie

Sure... OK. Jump up onto your street corner soap box. :-)

Someone should tell Radio Shack. The crap polymers they selected for there cone surrounds rots within a couple of months!(almost) I can't even open the friggin' case to replace them or get the bad ones serviced, which these days, I am quite sure is prohibitively expensive.

That is snake venom.

Reply to
HiggsField

On a sunny day (Sun, 03 Jan 2010 10:47:52 -0500) it happened Jamie wrote in :

Are you kiddng us? 10 feet is about 3 meters:-)

Well, let's see, 3 meter at 1000 pF / meter makes 3 nF.

???????????? Maybe bad designed output stage could have problems, most have a RC filter with a lot more C parallel to the output though.

hehe

No hope for perfect audio, ever LOL.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I had the opposite problem, namely needing a low-L cable to connect an NMR gradient driver to a gradient coil. The coil was around 10 uH, and the existing 10-meter cable more than doubled that. My solution was to get a piece of #8 silver-plated fine-strand MIL wire, the kind with very thin teflon insulation, and stick it inside a tubular braid and then make an outer jacket with shrink tubing. That essentially forms a very low impedance coax. Lots of C, small L.

About the only thing that speaker wire can do is add too much resistance or too much inductance. It can't add too much C because Zo will most always be way above 8 ohms. It's possible for a long run to have enough L and skin loss to drop a dB or two at 20 KHz, but if anybody thinks they can hear that they are delusional.

12 gauge Romex makes fine speaker wire.

John

A comparison of two point versus four point barbed wire for speaker interconnects appears at

Many thanks,

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don Lancaster

If you point it at your head, would it damp your neural-quantum-electrical activity?

John

30 pF per meter is more realistic.

If the cable Zo is higher than the load impedance, the usual case, longer cables add L faster than they add C.

John

You're talking about people who tell themselves that they can hear 0.001% THD and the difference between 200kHz and 300kHz roll-offs. :)

Reply to
pimpom

Somehow, I have a hard time believing that the sum of your parts are equal to a number that is greater than the whole.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Play some Mozart woodwind ensemble that includes a French horn and I'm sure I can detect >= 0.003%... been there, done that, but then I was the clarinetist in the group ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Yes. Both "delusional", and "deluded" (Quaaludes) comes to mind. :-)

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever