Audiophool product of the week - Page 3

Re: Audiophool product of the week

It interfered with my orgone accumulator, generating significant
quantities of dor. The only remedy I could find was to build a stone
pyramid listening room, and now all my music sounds sharp!

Re: Audiophool product of the week

At least you have a choice... You won't get that much with internet filter soon.
Tom

Re: Audiophool product of the week

Has any one tried to buy one, it might be an elaborate joke.

Re: Audiophool product of the week

 At $1000 each...

  It is an elaborate ruse to get idiots that think they have all the
answers in the audio listening realm, to reduce their wallet thickness to
obtain a bit of snake oil, even though real men know that snake oil does
nothing for audio.

Re: Audiophool product of the week

  Well, that's not true, it may keep that polypropylene (woofers) in
good shape for years to come! Not to mentioned the foam rubber on the cones!

  Come on now, don't knock down a good idea!

  I can see it now.

  "Genuine speaker snake oil, to keep those cones alive and moving like
  new for years to come."

    Caution:
       "May cause side effects like gonorrhea, pyorrhea, diarrhea,
headache and the occasional odor on hot summer days"

Re: Audiophool product of the week

On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 11:01:31 -0500, Jamie

  Sure... OK.  Jump up onto your street corner soap box.  :-)

 Someone should tell Radio Shack.  The crap polymers they selected for
there cone surrounds rots within a couple of months!(almost)  I can't
even open the friggin' case to replace them or get the bad ones serviced,
which these days, I am quite sure is prohibitively expensive.

  That is snake venom.

Re: Audiophool product of the week

[snip]

That's it!! Speaker oil!

Off to the patent office. Quickly.

--
Paul Hovnanian     mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com
Re: Audiophool product of the week

Actually, at least some speakers use ferrofluids in their air gaps..

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster                          voice phone: (928)428-4073
Re: Audiophool product of the week

 Doesn't that high temp plastic they make spatulas out of good for like
50 years without degradation?

 They should make the surround gaskets out of it.  At least for the
woofers.

 No need for speaker oil!

Re: Audiophool product of the week

...it does LESS for the snake!

Re: Audiophool product of the week

I got as far as it telling me the bank account details for payment.

So unless the payment would bounce (I'm not about to try!), it looks
real. At least, a real attempt to get money. Whether I would actually
receive a plastic box is another matter.

Sylvia.

Re: Audiophool product of the week

On a sunny day (Sun, 03 Jan 2010 22:54:51 +1100) it happened Sylvia Else

I just remember I have some acoustic miracle bricks.
Those are only 899 $ a piece, so you will be better off.
The bricks need to be used bare, no cement,
and in the correct position in the room.
In the correct configuration they form the 'wall of sound'.
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_of_Sound

Re: Audiophool product of the week

On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 22:54:51 +1100, Sylvia Else

  You must have only spent two seconds on the site, because there is no
plastic in the product.  A fact I could see from merely looking at it.
THEN I read the specs.

 How did you make it through college with such stupid, constant
presumptions?  Hell, primary school, for that matter!

Re: Audiophool product of the week

So, how many did you order?

--
Paul Hovnanian     mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com
Re: Audiophool product of the week

 From looking at it? It may not even be a real object.

And you believe what you read on that site?

Sylvia.

Re: Audiophool product of the week

On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 11:38:40 +1100, Sylvia Else

 Yeah, sure. It was done with a 3-d rendering package.

  READ the specs, ditz!
  Christ!  Another wiki-retard!

  You are worthless.
  I never said anything about believing anything.

  If they are taking money, there has to be a physical product that they
are selling.  Not that someone that knows nothing about motion could
grasp that.

Re: Audiophool product of the week

[snip]

You're really new to the Internet, aren't you?

--
Paul Hovnanian     mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com
Re: Audiophool product of the week

On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 22:54:51 +1100, Sylvia Else

If you point it at your head, would it damp your
neural-quantum-electrical activity?

John

Re: Audiophool product of the week

I don't think its a joke. A good many scams for years have been
run on AudioPhools!.

  I will add how ever on the subject of speaker wire, with runs over 10
feet or more, its highly recommended to not use just any old paired wire
you have hanging around, just because it has a large gauge in it. Things
like power cables and
the such!.. The capacitance is so high in the polyrad types for example,
   that long runs from an amp will actually suppress the upper octaves
and exert stress on the amplifier. Its clearly understandable why many
places have PF issues using such products..

   Our manufacturing plant happens to make products that fall into that
category. And we showed that to a supposed expert in the audio
electronics field after an argument about using the correct wire, gauges
not part of the subject. And yes, this subject that we argued with also
believed in the use of oxygen free wire as advertised one time as
"Monster Wire"

Re: Audiophool product of the week

On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 10:47:52 -0500, Jamie

  I used to braid my own low C flat cables.

 They also have the advantage of hiding under carpets, etc. very easily
and without much of a surface deformation.

Site Timeline