Audiophool product of the week - Page 2

Re: Audiophool product of the week

  I guess you don't get out much, sorry to post
something that is above your level of understanding.
 It was sarcasm.
                 Mike

Re: Audiophool product of the week

Hey Mike, it's Dimbulb.

Re: Audiophool product of the week

  I know that he is stupid, but do you really think that he is that
stupid, idiot?

Re: Audiophool product of the week

IFYPFY

Re: Audiophool product of the week

 Thanks for the fix Archimedes,
                                Mike

Re: Audiophool product of the week

It will definitely work, if you just laid out a thousand bucks for it,
the music *HAS* to sound better doesn't it.

Re: Audiophool product of the week

And precisely because of that, it will.  Still, there seems to be something
more satisfying about paying a hooker $1000 to listen to your soundsystem,
plus other things.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

Re: Audiophool product of the week

keithr Inscribed thus:

But the smoke gives a better hit.  :-)

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Re: Audiophool product of the week

How do they keep finding suckers that buy this stuff.

Re: Audiophool product of the week

They can't keep up with the demand around here! :)

AudioPhool business is good!

Re: Audiophool product of the week

Same way they make money in Vegas and Atlantic City: there's one born
every minute.

Re: Audiophool product of the week

They hunt up the same suckers who pay $50 for a foot of
silver-plated speaker cable.

Re: Audiophool product of the week

On a sunny day (Sat, 2 Jan 2010 17:39:34 +1100) it happened "David L. Jones"

LOL

Re: Audiophool product of the week

That is hilarious, and it is so sad.

I used to be in the high-end audio biz. There really are people that will
buy this thing.

But wait ... maybe this is merely Darwin in action. People like that will
spend ALL of their money on useless products and then die of starvation.

Now, I feel happy.

Bob
--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==

Re: Audiophool product of the week

Wow. I like the idea of emanating dark rays.

Why it is sad? If those things can make somebody happy, they serve their
purpose.

Me too. Business as usual: design it very cheap, sell very expensive.

Not too many, however some folks will buy it for collection.

99.9% of activities that people pay money for are useless or even go
against their best interests. So what?

Leaving minor technicalities aside, all (well, almost all) business is
about making somebody happy.

Vladimir Vassilevsky
DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant
http://www.abvolt.com

Re: Audiophool product of the week

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 08:07:32 -0800, "BobW"

Nah, they'll charge them on their CC, and let the Fed bail out the
issuing banks after they go bust.  Look how much wealth is created!

How about now?

Re: Audiophool product of the week

I think I'm in the wrong business.

Or maybe not -- shaving's kind of hard when you can't look at yourself in
the mirror.

--
www.wescottdesign.com

Re: Audiophool product of the week

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 11:12:24 -0600, the renowned Tim Wescott

Judging by their power cord brochures, they don't understand the
reason for a nickel diffusion barrier layer between Cu and Au. They
think hand polishing will do better (at making it pretty and shiny for
while, I guess).

http://www.lessloss.com/page.html?id20 %

But they do hire good photographers.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: Audiophool product of the week

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 12:36:58 -0500, Spehro Pefhany

 Electroplating typically follows the surface quality of the surface it
goes onto, up until it exceeds a specific thickness.

  You and I both know that the Au is not ever going to get plated on at
that level, so the surface quality it goes onto is important.

  This is not an audio thing.  This is simply basic industrial science
about electro-plating that has been known for decades.  Facts can easily
be found in your handy CRC handbook of chemistry and physics.

  IF they actually put a decent Gold layer on, hand polishing is
burnishing. If they don't, and most don't, hand polishing is a slow total
removal process, and it is easy to tell when the plating is so thin that
the color fades.

Re: Audiophool product of the week

Same here. A while ago I had a good laugh at tube amplifiers. Turned
out the person I was talking to was a tube amplifier fan. So I told
him tubes have a more pleasant distortion but no distortion at all is
better ofcourse. Someone in that conversation was clearly -not amused-