Audio connections to a mother board

I have already posted this question to a computer ng but it must be too
complicated for them as I got not one answer.
I am having some trouble connecting separate connectors to a mother board
I am trying to connect front connections which have separate connectors,
to new mother board . No 1 picture is mother bd terminals no 2 is front
connector leads no3 is my communication with gigabyte.
I am still having trouble mating connections.
Any help would be appreciated.

http://picasaweb.google.com/FMurtz9/Comp?authkey=Gv1sRgCJfZgc3w8-jTRA&feat=directlink

It is a no name multifunction panel which fits in an empty cd dvd slot
in front of box.
Some of these things have a standard plug which fits socket on m/bd but
the one I have has separate connectors worse luck.
If I had realized this before I bought it I would have got the other
sort but it is too late now.

Re: Audio connections to a mother board

As near as I can make out from the fuzzy pictures, your mobo doesn't have
all the outlets (e.g. stero mikes) that the front panel offers.

Re: Audio connections to a mother board

http://picasaweb.google.com/FMurtz9/Comp?authkey=Gv1sRgCJfZgc3w8-jTRA&feat=directlink

I would do it like that (assuming you set AC97 in BIOS):

MIC-L to pin 1 (Mic IN)*
MIC-R to pin 3 (MIC Bias)*

*I have assumed above that left means tip (mike signal) and right is
middle ring (bias voltage for electret mikes), if I'm wrong reverse
above connections

FRONT-R to pin 5
FRONT-L to pin 9

REAR-R, REAR-L not used

GND to pin 2

BASS, CENTER unused

That gives you basic stereo out and mike in on the front.

Tom

Re: Audio connections to a mother board

http://picasaweb.google.com/FMurtz9/Comp?authkey=Gv1sRgCJfZgc3w8-jTRA&feat=directlink
Thanks I will try that. I think it is set for hd by default but I can
change it.

Site Timeline