AU Falcon - electric windows problem

yeh yeh yeh I know its not aus.autoelec.........

We've got a problem with the front passenger electric window on our AU Falcon - basically no go on this door. Before I spend half a day buggering around has anyone had this occur / is it a known issue with a known fix?

cheers rob

Reply to
rob

try swapping the switch for the window that does work - most likely to be the switch contacts that aren't making propper connection/worn contacts.

Failing that, you will need to remove the door trim and check the connectors are clean and tight onto the winder motor....then check for 12V when you press the switch up/down.

CHEERS!

Reply to
eyebee

Thanks IB switch swap is easy - I don't think I even have to remove the trims.

Do you know if there is a control unit hidden somewhere ( for the post key off run-time etc)?

Reply to
rob

the newsgroup alt.ford.falcon or better the interior/electrical section of the forums at

might get you a quicker answer. However, seeing you asked here some questions for you first. It is the base model system with just two switched on the console for each window or premium system (Fairmont/Fairlane/LTD and some others) with driver control for all windows and another separate switch for each passenger? Also Series 1 or series II AU?

--
Regards
Blue

Also see

and

Regards
Blue
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
aussiblu

Cheers Blue, I'd never have guessed alt.ford.falcon would have even existed!! The car is an AU II with the extra drivers side controls. I'll try swapping the switches around as a first test. rob

Reply to
rob

No probs :)

swapping