AU Falcon - electric windows problem

yeh yeh yeh I know its not aus.autoelec.........

We've got a problem with the front passenger electric window on our AU
Falcon - basically no go on this door. Before I spend half a day buggering
around has anyone had this occur / is it a known issue with a known fix?

cheers
rob

Re: AU Falcon - electric windows problem

try swapping the switch for the window that does work - most likely to be
the switch contacts that aren't making propper connection/worn contacts.

Failing that, you will need to remove the door trim and check the connectors
are clean and tight onto the winder motor....then check for 12V when you
press the switch up/down.

CHEERS!

Re: AU Falcon - electric windows problem

Thanks IB switch swap is easy - I don't think I even have to remove the
trims.

Do you know if there is a control unit hidden somewhere ( for the post key
off run-time etc)?

Re: AU Falcon - electric windows problem

the newsgroup alt.ford.falcon or better the interior/electrical
section of the forums at http://www.fordforums.com/ might get
you a quicker answer.  However, seeing you asked here some
questions for you first.  It is the base model system with just
two switched on the console for each window or premium system
(Fairmont/Fairlane/LTD and some others) with driver control for
all windows and another separate switch for each passenger? Also
Series 1 or series II AU?

--
Regards
Blue

Re: AU Falcon - electric windows problem

Also see
http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t12%506&highlight=au+windows
and
http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t11%1756&highlight=au+windows

--
Regards
Blue

Re: AU Falcon - electric windows problem

Cheers Blue, I'd never have guessed alt.ford.falcon would have even
existed!!
The car is an AU II with the extra drivers side controls. I'll try swapping
the switches around as a first test.
rob

Re: AU Falcon - electric windows problem

No probs :)

swapping

Site Timeline