Attn DaveC re ESR meter

Hi Dave,
which have been trying to destroy this newsgroup, so my filters have
been deleting your posting(s). I only saw what you wrote by chance.
    It would be preferable to discuss your ESR meter problems by direct
e-mail. You can contact me through this temporary e-mail address:

       snipped-for-privacy@trashmail.net

Bob

Re: Attn DaveC re ESR meter

    Just a quick follow-up... there's probably nothing wrong with your
ESR meter.
    I hope you haven't wasted too much of your time chasing this
'fault'. When the 78L05 regulator is replaced with a LP2950CZ-5.0
and R26 is changed, the self-test function falsely shows an "F2" fault code.
    Unfortunately this wasn't realized until after a lot of Mk2 kits
went out, because very few people make that modification. I've had a
warning about this on my website's ESR meter hints page for quite a long
time.
    If your meter's reading the 5.6 ohm and 68 ohm test resistors
reasonably accurately and doing all the things it's supposed to do,
there's nothing wrong with it. If it still has a problem, please e-mail
me at snipped-for-privacy@trashmail.net
    Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. :(
    BTW, C10 is 0.47uF not 47uF.

Bob

Re: Attn DaveC re ESR meter

Thanks, Bob. See my private e-mails.
--
DaveC
snipped-for-privacy@bogusdomain.net

    I sent you a reply to what I hope is your correct real address. If
you get it, can you please hit the Return Receipt or tell me here?
    Thanks!

Site Timeline