Arlec remote control power point plug packs.

Hi all,

Just wandering through Bunnings the other day and came across a pack of Arlec Remote control power plug switches. It contained a remote 8 ro ten button remote control and 2 (or 4?) plugin switch boxes for around $35. Did not think more about it until I got home.

These seem like a new product and I'm toying with the idea of getting a pack to experiment with remote power switching applications around the house. I am sssuming that it's RF, it appears that way but the packaging has little info.

Has anyone used these or and can comment on their effectiveness.

- Rob.

**I use the Jaycar equivalent. I purchased them some time ago and put them away, waiting for a need. A few weeks ago, the boss said how neat it would be if she could turn on a light from the bedroom. 5 minutes later, she had her wish.

She thinks I am some kind of God. -:)

Anyway, they work quite well. Distance, through plaster walls is not brilliant, but is adequate.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Just out of interest which aisle/general area were they in? My "home theatre in a box" has two powered subwoofers which are not switched with the amp, so I have to fumble around the back of both to find the power switch each time I want to use them. Leaving them constantly on is not possible because they emit a noticeable hum once the amp is off.

Then again, if it means ANOTHER remote to add to the collection, ... ;)

Reply to
rowan194

Bunnings:\electrical\power boards and stuff.

- Rob.