Are Gadgets killing PCs? - Page 3

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

The local Woolies did a reconfiguration a year or so back, but before
and after it was and is completely stable.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 11:43:14 +1100, terryc

That's what the cameras are for when you find something they hide it,
if you find it again it goes off the shelf completely. I don't bother
now if Woolworth's hide it, it goes on my Aldi list.
It's actually a scam where suppliers are blackmailed into the
placement of goods in stores and on shelves. Notice everything you
want going to bottom shelf at the back. Link below is why
http://www.foodmag.com.au/news/woolies-sacks-tea-and-coffee-buyer
Aldi ground coffee is not bad and $7 for kilo. Only tried it because
kilo bags of Melitta disappeared from Woolies and the others were
horrible and want $20 for kilo. Aldi meat is also better quality and
about third price. You have to do your shopping now in at least 2
supermarkets to get all you want Aldi for me is as convenient as
Woolworth's. Can't wait for their beer (cheaper than Rods) from
Germany or Belgium. The shinyarses at Woolworths have driven 40% of my
and others away and given themselves a payrise saying what a good boy
am I.
--
Petzl
You can trust a thief. But never JuLIAR!!!

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

Nothing I buy there ever is.

Just another utterly mindless conspiracy theory.

I always bought the beans and ground it myself when I still bothered with coffee.

I only use the specials prices, never pay full price for meat.

I dont have to do that.

LIke hell its cheaper than mine. The main problem with the price is the
excise duty on commercial beer that you dont pay with home brewed beer.

That is a bare faced lie, proven by their publicly available figures.

Because they have done better than Coles until they imported some poms.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

gadgets, such as internet TVs are having a

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/the-pc-industry-is-heading-for-collapse/17828

Or she got it for various reasons and was trying it out in that situation.

Or the laptop either.

located, after about the fourth week of

Its different if you use various supermarkets much, particularly
when they have rearranged everything as they do periodically.

Wrong when you have automated it properly.

can't remember it,

Thats not what is on the list, stupid.

Whats on the list is what I keep a decent stock of
for convenience and which I have noticed has got low.

I bet his list isnt anything like that. Hers either.

of too.

how much things have gone up.

I basically only buy stuff at close to the best price I have ever seen
and keep decent stocks of everything I use much so I dont have to
shop very often at all.

That does save a substantial amount of money, particularly
with the more expensive stuff like a 5KG block of fillet steak
uncut, the Lendards specials, fruit and veg.

Some stuff like the limes I make marmalade out of because
I cant buy anything like as good marmalade as I can make,
can vary anything from $3/KG to $20

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

My, you are domesticated! I used to enjoy Roses Lime Marmalade, but I'm
not allowed to have it any more and have to make do with the reduced
sugar stuff :(

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

like as good marmalade as I can make,

Nope, just have enough of a clue to realise that if they
dont make what I want, it isnt that hard to make it myself.

Did it with the tomato and chilli relish that they stopped
making too. What I make myself leaves anything I have
ever bought for dead, should have made it myself long
before they stopped making the one I did buy.

Its not a patch on what I make.

sugar stuff :(

Its trivial to make a reduced sugar marmalade that leaves it for dead.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

Good relish and chutney is expensive, would you mind posting your recipes ?

I make my own Kimchi, much cheaper than buying it when the right cabbage is
cheap.
You can make it as hot as you like.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Traditional-Napa-Cabbage-Kimchi-233839

http://www.easykoreanfood.com/Kimchi-Recipe.html

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

anything like as good marmalade as I can make,

True, tho that isnt the reason I make it myself.

I started from
http://www.taste.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t60%64&sid49%c3a0519a5c4283f3a84bd1eca648c0
and used the cheapest canned diced tomatoes I could find, 66c a can.
Basically chucked everything in the food processor, and didnt bother to let
it rest overnight before cooking, because none of the other recipies did that.

Did it both with dried chilli flakes and with fresh jalepano chillies, the hot
ones.
Cant really tell the difference between the two batches except for the fact that
you
can still sort of see some of the flakes in the batch where I used the dried
flakes.

Used 10 tablespoons of flakes and 5 jalapano chillies respectively.

Also tried both the 5 cloves of garlic and the same amount of minced garlic
in those little glass jars, cant tell the difference between those batches
either.

Havent tried how important the other minor ingredients are, there seems
to be an awful lot of them and I'd be surprised if most could pick the batches
with particular ones left out in a proper double blind trial but havent tried
that yet.

The cornflour is pretty important. I eat about half of the relish on the open
sandwitches I make with every loaf of bread I also make, never buy commercial
bread anymore either. I make it in a vertical loaf bread machine and start it so
the bread is ready very late in the day and have that for dinner that day.
I cut the dome off and put butter, relish, hot salami and lettuce on that
so its important that the relish doesnt drip on me when I am eating that.

I also use the relish on cold roast lamb with peas, corn and microwaved potatoes,
what I do with other than the first meal from a roast leg of lamb. Hot potatoes,
peas, corn, and cold roast lamb and relish with fresh tomatoes as well.

sugar stuff :(

cheap.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Traditional-Napa-Cabbage-Kimchi-233839

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

I resemble that. I was told "you add new meaning to toy boy" by SWMBO'd.
All I was doing was saving the location of a different shopping centre
into the car GPS device, but I had to do it outside the car.

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?

I cop crap from the same source when I use the GPS while going somewhere
that I know the route to, but I use it as a precision speedo,

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 11:07:48 +1100, "Rod Speed"

gadgets,
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/the-pc-industry-is-heading-for-collapse/17828
smartphone instead.
as I did.
location etc too.
of too.
Yes the apps even tell you where you left your car (handy over Xmas)
--
 Petzl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qWpAgoJHUk

Re: Are Gadgets killing PCs?
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/the-pc-industry-is-heading-for-collapse/17828

I reckon the pads are useful enough for that sort of thing and she would
likely or not have it anyway as a phone.
I can't see any portable tablet that you could comfortably sit at and
knock out a few drawings or lay out some documents.
Until that happens most using cad and word processing will keep the
desktops IMHO.

Rheilly P

Site Timeline