Are Gadgets killing PCs?

terryc wrote

You are, as always.

popular, that is a closed box, especially

Even someone as stupid as you should have noticed that that doesnt apply to those 100 laptops or 6 PC, if someone was actually stupid enough to lend you a seeing eye dog and a white cane.

Pity about those 100 laptops.

added into them.

Not with what JB HiFi and Hardly Normal flog, cretin.

Pity about those 100 laptops.

Nope, evolution of the desktop PC, actually.

Reply to
Rod Speed

terryc wrote

You never ever could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Dr Google? :-)

:-)

Cheers Don...

==================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/

DuinoMite the PIC32 $35 Basic Computer-MicroController
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/the-maximite-computer.html
Just add a VGA monitor or TV, and PS2 Keyboard.
Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.
Reply to
Don McKenzie

So 100:6 says you're wrong. Laptops are basically sealed gadgets tha you plug doodles into. I suppose that one day you will learn to read.

Reply to
terryc

such as internet TVs are having a massive

If you mean conventional desktop PCs then of course it is. Already a significant proportion of (most?) users who need a computer in more than one location have a single laptop that they use wherever they are. It seems likely that fairly soon a mobile phone will have the storage and processing grunt commonly required. Almost everyone carries a mobile phone so they only need the ability to connect to the appropriate servers and HIDs wherever they happen to be. The Motorola Atrix is not there yet but I think it shows what is coming .

Reply to
Gordon Levi

terryc wrote

popular, that is a closed box,

Everyone can see of themselves that you are lying, as always.

ALL that shows is what those that use that store choose to buy.

So are the PCs they flog as well, f****it.

You'll never manage to work out how to bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

added into them.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Gordon Levi wrote

That graph lumps desktops and laptops and notebooks together, stupid.

Most arent actually stupid enough to cart it around all the time.

But not the screen or keyboard that is required for the most basic stuff.

They also need a decent screen and keyboard if they do more than a few texts.

I hardly ever text from the mobile itself, its much more convenient to use a real keyboard.

You're wrong, as always.

Most will continue to do it the other way, a real PC of some sort for all except the much more trivial stuff they do on their phone.

Reply to
Rod Speed

**There are always fools to pay money for stuff they don't need. Whilst sopping at the local supermarket yesterday, I spied a woman, pushing her trolley around, iPad cradled in one hand. Neat, I thought. I felt a bit inferior with my 'Post-It Note' stuck to the handle of the trolley (no need to carry it, don't have to worry if I drop it), 'till I figured out that she did just as much work making her shopping list as I did. I'm carrying around 0.1gms of paper and she was carrying 500gms of valuable electronics. All to do the same job. [Shakes head]
--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to

There are APP's for Tablets that compare prices from all Supermarkets also tell you ingredients, calories etc. Most now have to go shopping in more than one supermarket why not use your tablet if you have one.

--
Petzl
You can trust a thief. But never JuLIAR!!!

Pretzl wrote

And plenty who have enough cash to do things in the most convenient way too.

And its unlikely to have been bought for just that, so she doesnt actually spend anything for the convenience.

While I dont use a tablet for that, I do have various lists in a decent smartphone instead.

I've never dropped mine.

as I did.

Much less in fact, particularly if you use a decent app that tells you the location etc too.

Her approach does a MUCH better job.

And I keep track of the best price I have ever paid for stuff that I buy much of too.

Or an even more convenient smartphone.

Reply to
Rod Speed

gadgets,

Sounds like a typical yuppie showing off her possessions.

smartphone instead.

as I did.

location etc too.

My missus does the shopping, she doesn't need to be told where the stuff is located, after about the fourth week of moving here, she had that down pat.

How exactly, it takes just as much effort to type a list into a tablet or smartphone as it does to write it onto a piece of paper. If there is stuff that you buy every week and you memory is so bad that you can't remember it, you just print a standing list each week and add any extras by hand.

of too.

Not sure exactly what that does for you other than being able to winge about how much things have gone up.

Reply to
keithr

bag.

Shrug, another roddles utter capitualtion.

Reply to
terryc

Where do you shop? Around here it is musical shelves.

Reply to
terryc

The local Woolies did a reconfiguration a year or so back, but before and after it was and is completely stable.

Reply to
keithr

keithr wrote

gadgets, such as internet TVs are having a

Or she got it for various reasons and was trying it out in that situation.

Or the laptop either.

located, after about the fourth week of

Its different if you use various supermarkets much, particularly when they have rearranged everything as they do periodically.

Wrong when you have automated it properly.

can't remember it,

Thats not what is on the list, stupid.

Whats on the list is what I keep a decent stock of for convenience and which I have noticed has got low.

I bet his list isnt anything like that. Hers either.

of too.

how much things have gone up.

I basically only buy stuff at close to the best price I have ever seen and keep decent stocks of everything I use much so I dont have to shop very often at all.

That does save a substantial amount of money, particularly with the more expensive stuff like a 5KG block of fillet steak uncut, the Lendards specials, fruit and veg.

Some stuff like the limes I make marmalade out of because I cant buy anything like as good marmalade as I can make, can vary anything from $3/KG to $20

Reply to
Rod Speed

terryc wrote

bag.

You never ever could bullshit and lie your way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
Rod Speed

gadgets,

smartphone instead.

as I did.

location etc too.

of too.

Yes the apps even tell you where you left your car (handy over Xmas)

--
 Petzl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qWpAgoJHUk

I reckon the pads are useful enough for that sort of thing and she would likely or not have it anyway as a phone. I can't see any portable tablet that you could comfortably sit at and knock out a few drawings or lay out some documents. Until that happens most using cad and word processing will keep the desktops IMHO.

Rheilly P

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

That's what the cameras are for when you find something they hide it, if you find it again it goes off the shelf completely. I don't bother now if Woolworth's hide it, it goes on my Aldi list. It's actually a scam where suppliers are blackmailed into the placement of goods in stores and on shelves. Notice everything you want going to bottom shelf at the back. Link below is why

Aldi ground coffee is not bad and $7 for ½ kilo. Only tried it because ½ kilo bags of Melitta disappeared from Woolies and the others were horrible and want $20 for ½ kilo. Aldi meat is also better quality and about third price. You have to do your shopping now in at least 2 supermarkets to get all you want Aldi for me is as convenient as Woolworth's. Can't wait for their beer (cheaper than Rods) from Germany or Belgium. The shinyarses at Woolworths have driven 40% of my and others away and given themselves a payrise saying what a good boy am I.

--
Petzl
You can trust a thief. But never JuLIAR!!!
Reply to
Petzl

Pretzl wrote

Nothing I buy there ever is.

Just another utterly mindless conspiracy theory.

I always bought the beans and ground it myself when I still bothered with coffee.

I only use the specials prices, never pay full price for meat.

I dont have to do that.

LIke hell its cheaper than mine. The main problem with the price is the excise duty on commercial beer that you dont pay with home brewed beer.

That is a bare faced lie, proven by their publicly available figures.

Because they have done better than Coles until they imported some poms.

Reply to
Rod Speed